How Long is an "Inaugural Season?"

Howdy!

My mom and I have a cruise planned in mid/late June on the Jubilee. We were lucky enough to snag a spot on her inaugural sailing- which we definitely enjoyed. Previously, the for fee restaurants like Pig and anchor and Chibang waived their fees during her inaugural season. However, I am not sure how long an inaugural season is. Does anyone have an idea how long her inaugural season is? Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ITeach2Cruise said:

Howdy!

My mom and I have a cruise planned in mid/late June on the Jubilee. We were lucky enough to snag a spot on her inaugural sailing- which we definitely enjoyed. Previously, the for fee restaurants like Pig and anchor and Chibang waived their fees during her inaugural season. However, I am not sure how long an inaugural season is. Does anyone have an idea how long her inaugural season is? Thanks in advance!

You pose an interesting question.  I have no first hand knowledge of a definition of how long an inaugeral season is, but that said I very secure in telling you you will be fine with your sailing.

Also can't answer how long an inaugural sailing is for, but I can say that Chibang! is included (NO charge) for your first visit each sailing, then a fee pp thereafter. This also applies to Cucina Del Capitano.

As for the Pig & Anchor, this is included for lunch anyway on the deck just outside the brewery. There are some upsell items I believe, and I think dinner has a fee?

I just came off the Celebration last month (same class/sister ship to Jubilee) and this is how it was on there. So far as I know, and unless something has changed on the Mardi Gras, this applies to all Excel class ships.

Someone can correct me if it' s different for MG/Jubilee, but this is the rules for Celebration having just sailed her.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bg2310 said:

Someone can correct me if it' s different for MG/Jubilee, but this is the rules for Celebration having just sailed her.

Just off MG.  Same rules.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for all the replies everyone! We definitely plan on doing lunch at the Pig & Anchor, and dinner at Chibang one night. The MDR is fine for a couple nights, but were looking at other options than the trough- which is where we end up most nights anyway, haha. 

Inaugural season or not, we are looking forward to a super awesome cruise this summer!

• Like 1

I usually think of it as all of the unique sailings they schedule for the ship, often in Europe or at atypical ports, before the ship is sailed over to their homeport where they start their "regular" itineraries. Unfortunately it's often cut short due to delays with it's build, which is why I would never advise booking one of the first sailings on a new ship. I would wait and book at least a month out.

9 minutes ago, Cruising_Addict said:

I usually think of it as all of the unique sailings they schedule for the ship, often in Europe or at atypical ports, before the ship is sailed over to their homeport where they start their "regular" itineraries. Unfortunately it's often cut short due to delays with it's build, which is why I would never advise booking one of the first sailings on a new ship. I would wait and book at least a month out.

Interestingly, Carnival used to do Med seasons for new builds.  That ended a while ago.  You are correct, part of that reason was build delays.  We were extremely disappointing when the very first sailing of the Mardi Gras from Copenhagen was cancelled for this reason.  MAJOR Disappointment.  

I did do lunch one day at Pig & Anchor and it was pretty decent.

Never tried it for dinner, but nice to know it's also included other than the upsell items. It must be basically the same menu as it is for lunch then.

1 hour ago, bg2310 said:

I did do lunch one day at Pig & Anchor and it was pretty decent.

Never tried it for dinner, but nice to know it's also included other than the upsell items. It must be basically the same menu as it is for lunch then.

We had dinner at Pig & Anchor on Carnival Jubilee last week.  I had a prime rib and my wife had the smoked salmon.  I'm not sure they have those items at lunch.

2 hours ago, PlanoTim said:

We had dinner at Pig & Anchor on Carnival Jubilee last week.  I had a prime rib and my wife had the smoked salmon.  I'm not sure they have those items at lunch.

Were those included or for a fee? For lunch it was outside on the deck kinda buffet style except you told the server behind the counter what you wanted.

It sounds like dinner is more of a sit-down style. I might have to try it when I sail the Jubilee next January!

6 hours ago, bg2310 said:

Were those included or for a fee? For lunch it was outside on the deck kinda buffet style except you told the server behind the counter what you wanted.

It sounds like dinner is more of a sit-down style. I might have to try it when I sail the Jubilee next January!

Worth the consideration, check it out.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bg2310 said:

Our Pig & Anchor dinner on Carnival Jubilee last week was included and served inside.  You pencil in your selections on a form and they bring them out to you.  My wife thought the salmon was a bit too sweet.  They have two prime rib selections (by size).  I couldn't finish the smaller one - but I wasn't super hungry either.  One bonus is that the excellent Backyard Band was playing there when we ate.  We returned to see them a few times during the week.

Hope that helps some.

Tim

10 hours ago, bg2310 said:

It is definitely worth trying! When we went for dinner in December, the first time everything was amazing. The second time the portions we a little small (but still very tasty), but the beans were burnt and were not great. Wouldn't stop us from going again on this next cruise though!

26 minutes ago, PlanoTim said:

Our Pig & Anchor dinner on Carnival Jubilee last week was included and served inside.  You pencil in your selections on a form and they bring them out to you.  My wife thought the salmon was a bit too sweet.  They have two prime rib selections (by size).  I couldn't finish the smaller one - but I wasn't super hungry either.  One bonus is that the excellent Backyard Band was playing there when we ate.  We returned to see them a few times during the week.

Hope that helps some.

Tim

Nice! Thanks for the inside scoop! 🙂