BRILLIANT LADY PRICES... 🤣🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, britincanada said:

We really want to go to Alaska, but as much as we love VV we are waiting to see what the itineraries are before committing, we'll only go once I would think so want to get the best Alaska experience - even if we have to put up with a different cruise line for a week!

I had no interest in going to Alaska until I was in Fairbanks last February. The daytime temps were -47 degrees F and nights were worse. But I found the trip exhilarating. The scenery, even though it was snow packed and snow covered was like nothing I had ever experienced, even living in the mountains of Colorado for decades.

I jumped on the chance to grab a placeholder for a Sea Terrace on Brilliant Lady since it is fully refundable. So if the itineraries are really not to my liking I can cancel. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CruisingWalter said:

Actually that's normal although most cruise lines have automatic triggers that change the rates on the fly. Not sure why VV had to make it so obvious by taking down the website.  But normally when inventory hits a certain threshold on a specific category, the rate adjusts automatically so it's a seamless thing.  No need to 'close the store and reopen.' 

I'm fairly certain Virgin has automatic triggers also (though maybe they decided to manually reprice this particular cruise).  I've seen weird pricing at times like a higher level cheeky corner suite, aft suit, and sea terrace for less than the lower level ones in their general class.  So no human would do that.  Honestly, at $7500 the starting price for the XL sea terrace on the Panama cruise was more reasonable than I expected given their pricing on other "high interest" cruises, so not a big surprise the prices went up on the remaining cabins.

12 hours ago, britincanada said:

Our first VV booking was made in Oct 2019, for Richard's Birthday Bash July 2020. We paid $3500 for a 4 night cruise on Scarlet Lady (the Key West/Bimini itinerary).

Obviously we didn't get to go in July 2020, and eventually sailed in May 2022 in a Gorgeous Suite on a 5 night cruise (Dominican Daze) using our 2x credit for rebooking - it was booking #3.

The Brilliant Lady prices do seem high compared to what we paid for an 8 night cruise last Nov, and a 7 night cruise in Mar 2025 - but they are definitely no worse than what we originally paid before the ships even launched!

We really want to go to Alaska, but as much as we love VV we are waiting to see what the itineraries are before committing, we'll only go once I would think so want to get the best Alaska experience - even if we have to put up with a different cruise line for a week!

Go with HAL!!!

Pioneer for Alaska!

Great service and price. 

• Like 1

On 5/8/2024 at 9:03 PM, ceilidh1 said:

I was pleasantly surprised at the pricing (I wasn't looking for mermaiden voyages). I managed to grab the Panama Canal and the California to Vancouver at acceptable prices - both in central sea terrace. I often get initial sticker shock when I see the price, but then I remember that pretty much all the "extras" are included in that price (other than alcohol, of course). Compared to other lines that you need to add this in after the fact, I would say Virgin aren't too far off. I'm still debating the NY sailings, but I already have most of 2025 booked...

I’ve never sailed Virgin and frankly I thought the exact same thing (and I’ma freaking Carnival cruiser!) I feel like I’m taking crazy pills adding up all the extra stuff you get on the cruise really didn’t make it all that much more. Maybe I should have taken a VV much sooner.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/9/2024 at 4:39 AM, CruisingWalter said:

I have a friend who booked 30 minutes before they took it offline. Saved about $1500. 🙂

I waited until midnight and booked :x I didn’t realize they raised the prices! I kept refreshing the page until the sale popped up. Did not realize the prices rose 😮 

Edited by KyloRen
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Front(ier) of the Line Alaska voyages offer. The deposit is fully refundable if I don't like the itinerary or the offer..  We've done Alaska twice on HAL including last week on the Eurodam and we've done it on Princess a lot and NCL once . But this looks like a cool and different experience... I'm excited for it.

Edited by CruiserPatrick
Spelling
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, -The-True-North- said:

Bookings now open.

Are there new bookings? A few of us (myself included) stayed up until midnight to grab the rooms weeks ago for the Mermaiden voyage. 

Edited by KyloRen

1 minute ago, KyloRen said:

Are there new bookings? A few of us (myself included) stayed up until midnight to grab the rooms weeks ago for the Mermaiden voyage. 

Yes, new itineraries 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, KyloRen said:

More specifically I believe they basically opened up the cruises out of Miami.  I got an e-mail today about it.  At first I looked at the prices they listed and was amazed at how low they were...then caught the part where the prices in the e-mail and off the page they were linked to were posted with per-sailor pricing.  I hate cheap marketing tricks like that.

• Thanks 1