Grandeur Seven Seas Suite

We are thinking of booking this suite for a Caribbean cruise in February.  Has anyone stayed in this suite?  Pros and cons?  While we like the idea of the front of the boat, I’ve heard that wind is an issue if you want to sit on the veranda. 

Posted (edited)

Not only is wind an issue, but I wouldn't care for the angled bedroom/bathroom. The shower, in particular, has a ceiling that's angled, which could be problematic for taller folks. I also don't care for all the wasted space inside the front door (same issue I have with PH suites), where they put the dining table. It's not a very pleasant spot, away from windows/sliders, to dine if you're going to dine inside; dining outside could get very windy and unpleasant. There's also a lot more motion at the bow than midship, a concern for the motion-sensitive.I think all those issues take a good amount of value away from these suites. JMHO. 

Edited by GMIAC
  • Like 1

Thank you.  Think that makes our decision. I do get motion sickness.   Now we need to decide on a second choice.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, jchco said:

Thank you.  Think that makes our decision. I do get motion sickness.   Now we need to decide on a second choice.

Go with the Grandeur Suite. They’re more midship, better laid out, and infinitely more comfortable. Look at deck plans (the Grandeurs are in light blue) to choose which one; some have narrower balconies. The ones that have diagonal cut-offs are still OK, but try to get one with a deep balcony first. It really makes a difference. The ones on 12 have narrow balconies. 

Image 19.jpeg

Edited by GMIAC
  • Like 1

Thank you.  I did look at these.  Thought it might be more than we need for the two of us, but worth checking availability . 

I lost out.  Wanted the grandeur suite, but ended up with the penthouse suite with the deeper balcony  on deck 9 … next to the Grandeur suite.  Maybe I’ll get a peek inside.😉

10 minutes ago, jchco said:

I lost out.  Wanted the grandeur suite, but ended up with the penthouse suite with the deeper balcony  on deck 9 … next to the Grandeur suite.  Maybe I’ll get a peek inside.😉

You can get onto a wait list for the Grandeur suite, and if someone cancels you'll get an offer to upgrade (depending on where you are on the wait list). February is a long way out, so your chances aren't awful.

3 hours ago, jchco said:

3 hours ago, RELS said:

You can get onto a wait list for the Grandeur suite, and if someone cancels you'll get an offer to upgrade (depending on where you are on the wait list). February is a long way out, so your chances aren't awful.

Yes. Do get on the waitlist. 

Those deep balconies are nice!