Carnival Celebration May 18-26, 2024, A Non-Review- Coming Soon

1 hour ago, PrincessPatti said:

My sister and I are on the celebration in October. I am trying to wait it out oh so patiently…..

I hope you enjoy your cruise!

Thanks! It will be here before you know it 😎

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing your vaca with us!

We will be on board Celebration on the ABC itinerary in July.

Looking forward to what your plans are on each island!

1 hour ago, d-train said:

Thanks for sharing your vaca with us!

We will be on board Celebration on the ABC itinerary in July.

Looking forward to what your plans are on each island!

Really don’t have any big plans, mostly hanging out at beach clubs on each of the islands.

• Like 1

Today has been a lazy day. My Rebound patch didn’t seem to work as well as the first night and I was a little slow getting going this morning 😕

DW had her massage, we had Sea Day Brunch which took way too long and my eggs were over cooked. IMG_7633.thumb.jpeg.5779f52296a04b564a2c5ff01e78dd31.jpegOther than that we’re just hanging out on the balcony. I plan to go to the gym but we’ll see.

i think this is a frog?IMG_7634.thumb.jpeg.7afc93658512df04ded3d74f89a295a5.jpeg

• Like 6

Not sure if this is typical on this ship but the hallway and elevator lobby on 16 and 17 are hot and steamy leaving the walls and ceilings dripping with condensation. Even our cabin AC barely keeps it cool enough to sleep. I realize people going in and out of Lido deck lets in the heat and humidity but I haven’t seen it this bad on the other ships I’ve sailedIMG_7632.thumb.jpeg.df39ff5f92f06ba43bdaadddfa7bb02a.jpeg

IMG_7630.jpeg

IMG_7631.jpeg

• Like 2

Made it to the gym for a quick workout. Machines and weights area was pretty crowded, nobody doing cardio 

Hung out on lido for a while at Tiki Bar. Had a Hula Girl and Sharks Tooth.IMG_7638.thumb.jpeg.4baea485cc2fa225302802de61d5006d.jpegIMG_7636.thumb.jpeg.f322315b84938370f2f05e9e99f9c90a.jpegIMG_7639.thumb.jpeg.14ab912358736d9fbc6e8ea339a21f13.jpegAlso got some Loaded Time Fries and added some BBQ Ranch from Shaq’s IMG_7641.thumb.jpeg.35738124e18928a0517b699efde1b48e.jpeg

• Like 11

2 hours ago, mamiamjo said:

Not sure if this is typical on this ship but the hallway and elevator lobby on 16 and 17 are hot and steamy leaving the walls and ceilings dripping with condensation. Even our cabin AC barely keeps it cool enough to sleep. I realize people going in and out of Lido deck lets in the heat and humidity but I haven’t seen it this bad on the other ships I’ve sailedIMG_7632.thumb.jpeg.df39ff5f92f06ba43bdaadddfa7bb02a.jpeg

IMG_7630.jpeg

IMG_7631.jpeg

Back to the AC question. What is unexpected (by me anyway) is that 17 is much worse than Lido deck which opens to the outside.
This first picture is the elevator lobby ceiling on 16 (not too bad) followed by the ceiling on the one on 17 (noticeably dripping water)

IMG_7642.jpeg

IMG_7643.jpeg

On 5/19/2024 at 9:21 AM, mamiamjo said:

Slept in a bit this morning, lounging around the cabin and balcony, watched a bit of TV. 

Going to get a bit of lunch and see what’s happening around the ship. 

How dd the patch work for you? 

21 minutes ago, zencruisers said:

How dd the patch work for you? 

Mixed results so far. The first night I had 14 drinks and woke up yesterday feeling pretty good. Then yesterday I only had 8 drinks but woke up this morning feeling a bit sluggish with a bit of a headache. We’ll have to see how the rest of the week goes. 🤔

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Had dinner at the buffet, nothing exciting but it’ll keep me going. Went and saw Family Feud which was fun. IMG_7646.thumb.jpeg.848a86db0ff18345997e7abca73c8470.jpegRan into the comedian Manny Maldonado in the elevator. We skipped his show for Family Feud not realizing it was his last show of this cruise. 😳 Oops maybe we’ll catch him another time 

Random shot of deck at night IMG_7645.thumb.jpeg.3efe5b0ef6896da97621cc0cfe512c3f.jpeg

Edited by mamiamjo
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, zencruisers said:

I am enjoying your pics and commentary. We will be on The Celebration on October 6th. 

Thanks for following. October will be here before you know it! 

• Like 1

Hi!

Loving your "non-review" as you call it!

I live in Key West too - but, only til the end of the month.  We've been here since 2012 - Your son and his family may grow to love it like we do!    

Not sure if you follow golf, but, Brooks Koepka's wife is a SI Swimsuit model, and she was at the Hard Rock Hotel when you were there.  May have been her that you saw in the elevator?  

Keep the pictures coming!  We sailed on the May 5-12 cruise, and you're helping me re-live everything!

When you and your wife visit the Thermal Spa, hope it's quieter in there for you guys!  There were always LOUD people in there when I went?  But, whatever, I just grabbed a heated lounger and eavesdropped!  lol

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mamiamjo said:

Back to the AC question. What is unexpected (by me anyway) is that 17 is much worse than Lido deck which opens to the outside.
This first picture is the elevator lobby ceiling on 16 (not too bad) followed by the ceiling on the one on 17 (noticeably dripping water)

IMG_7642.jpeg

IMG_7643.jpeg

Not thrilled about this....we are in a spa balcony on the 17th floor in June....was hoping for better a/c than the Horizon, but not being optimistic.   

20 minutes ago, jeblack1 said:

Not thrilled about this....we are in a spa balcony on the 17th floor in June....was hoping for better a/c than the Horizon, but not being optimistic.   

The hallway is a bit uncomfortable but the cabin is ok. I’d like it a little cooler but it’s ok. I tell you one thing, this is the quietest cabin I can remember being in so there’s that 

• Like 1

Did you notice if the Gym had a decent amount or Eliptical machines? (If any)

I just started exercising, and I’d like to keep it going on the ship; but I need something more low impact than walking/jogging as my knees are shot.

thanks!

1 hour ago, KarmaCruisers said:

Did you notice if the Gym had a decent amount or Eliptical machines? (If any)

I just started exercising, and I’d like to keep it going on the ship; but I need something more low impact than walking/jogging as my knees are shot.

thanks!

Sorry didn’t pay attention to how many ellipticals vs treadmills, but nobody was using any of them. I’ll try to remember next time I go to the gym

“Cho-NoGo” - we had planned to get a day pass at Chogogo today. We got off the ship at 9:25, waited for a cab but were told by the taxi people that Chogogo was full already. I figured they were just trying to direst us to one of their preferred destinations. A woman that shared the cab with us called and it seems they were in fact sold out of day passes🥲

We ended up next door at Eden Beach. It was ok for what it is, but definitely not as nice as Chogogo looked. Also be careful when paying your bill there as we were over charged (either that or their menu prices are outdated).

IMG_7662.jpeg

IMG_7652.jpeg

IMG_7653.jpeg

IMG_7654.jpeg

IMG_7655.jpeg

IMG_7656.jpeg

IMG_7657.jpeg

IMG_7659.png

IMG_7658.png

IMG_7660.jpeg

IMG_7661.jpeg

• Like 8

5 hours ago, wrcjr98 said:

Hi!

Loving your "non-review" as you call it!

I live in Key West too - but, only til the end of the month.  We've been here since 2012 - Your son and his family may grow to love it like we do!    

Not sure if you follow golf, but, Brooks Koepka's wife is a SI Swimsuit model, and she was at the Hard Rock Hotel when you were there.  May have been her that you saw in the elevator?  

Keep the pictures coming!  We sailed on the May 5-12 cruise, and you're helping me re-live everything!

When you and your wife visit the Thermal Spa, hope it's quieter in there for you guys!  There were always LOUD people in there when I went?  But, whatever, I just grabbed a heated lounger and eavesdropped!  lol

We came back on board about 1:30 and have been in the thermal suite for about 40 minutes now. Only 1 other couple in here right now, so pretty quiet. 😎

• Like 4

After drying off, we went to get some lunch. We hit up Guys Burgers and Time Fries. I also got a Caribbean Colada at Red Frogs Tiki Bar. 

IMG_7670.jpeg

IMG_7672.jpeg

IMG_7671.jpeg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, mamiamjo said:

After drying off, we went to get some lunch. We hit up Guys Burgers and Time Fries. I also got a Caribbean Colada at Red Frogs Tiki Bar. 

IMG_7670.jpeg

IMG_7672.jpeg

IMG_7671.jpeg

Helll yes! Can’t wait to get that exact same setup next week!

• Like 1

Went to Chi-Bang for dinner. Had a mixture of Mexican and Chinese. Overall it was ok, but not sure I’d consider this for an upcharge meal though. 

IMG_7679.jpeg

IMG_7681.jpeg

IMG_7680.jpeg

IMG_7682.jpeg

IMG_7684.jpeg

IMG_7685.jpeg

IMG_7686.jpeg

• Like 6