Carnival Celebration May 18-26, 2024, A Non-Review- Coming Soon

Posted (edited)

5 days left on the countdown, need to get serious about packing and getting things done around here before we leave Friday morning.

IMG_7463.png

Edited by mamiamjo
  • Like 8

Posted (edited)

More Planning Information...

Dining: We booked Your Time Dining and used some of the OBC to reserve Teppanyaki on the first night and 555F on night 2. We also plan to visit Cucina one evening (not sure which).

For the other 5 nights, we'll play it by ear, I'm sure we won't starve. 😉 We'll probably do Chi-Bang one night for dinner, but to tell the truth their menu doesn't look that impressive to me.

We definitely want to check out Shaq's Big Chicken and Emerils at some point during the cruise along with the obligatory Guy's Burgers, Blue Iguana, Pig & Anchor and Sea Day Brunch. Also need to try Street EatsMiami Slice and the Deco Deli!

And that's just a partial list! I'm definitely going to need to start a diet when we get back 🤣

Edited by mamiamjo
  • Like 9

I’ve tasked my son to bring us some of these when we meet up on Friday so we can bring them on board. Hopefully he won’t forget but if he does we’ll just need to go to the store before we board.

IMG_7453.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Went to order some BYTOX online just in case, but they want $40 for 12 patches 😬

Let's see, there are two of us on an 8 day cruise, we'd need 16 at least which means we'd need two boxes! Not happening! I ordered a cheaper brand with something like 24 patches for $20. I figure hopefully that's good enough along with some Advil and Liquid IV 🤞

Edited by mamiamjo
  • Like 6

53 minutes ago, csj092809 said:

I am on this cruise, as well 🤗 can’t wait to see what you think of the Excel class. Happy cruising!

Welcome aboard! Hopefully we all have a great cruise! 🙂

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, princess76021 said:

i wasn't so lucky on this one,  however, page 2 isn't too bad!!

thanks for taking us along!

hugs from texas!!

Welcome, Thanks for joining 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Here for as much as I can! Have a great cruise. 

Thanks! I look forward to reading about your trip as well! 😎

• Thanks 1

Just finished checking in online. I did the initial check in on May 2nd (taking advantage of Platinum early check in window) but needed to finish entering passport information. Now I'm ready to print luggage tags and boarding passes, except the printer is out of paper (need to go pick some up😔) and need to change the ink cartridge (at least we have 😉the new cartridge on hand).

Since we wanted some time to say goodbye to DS, D-IL and GD before heading to the port, we selected a 11:00-11:30 check in time, and ended up with a D02 boarding group. Not sure how fast the boarding goes once it gets started but hopefully by the time we get there, check in and go through security D02 will be called to board.🤞

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, beshears said:

I'll look forward to your review, as the Celebration is in my "thinking" mode. 🙂 

Thanks for following 🙂

I’ve spent quite a bit of time reviewing online videos of the ship and the Spa Balcony Cabins so I kind of know what to expect but I have a question that maybe someone can help me answer. How can I tell the layout of the stateroom, specifically where is the bed located?

The reason I ask is that I’ve seen cabins with the bed in the middle 😕 and I’ve seen beds next to the balcony ( which we definitely prefer 😎) but I haven’t seen anything describing why the difference and how to tell which layout we have. If anyone knows how to tell please let me know 👍

2 hours ago, tha sista said:

What site did you use to book your day passes for your excursions?

I just booked online with the resorts themselves.

• Thanks 1

On 5/13/2024 at 2:12 PM, mamiamjo said:

Went to order some BYTOX online just in case, but they want $40 for 12 patches 😬

Let's see, there are two of us on an 8 day cruise, we'd need 16 at least which means we'd need two boxes! Not happening! I ordered a cheaper brand with something like 24 patches for $20. I figure hopefully that's good enough along with some Advil and Liquid IV 🤞

OK here’s what I bought. I figured since MeganGC1983 showed hers, I should show mine too 😉

IMG_7483.png

• Like 4

Haven’t posted my countdown clock today yet. Why do the days before the cruise go so slow and the actual cruise zip by in a minute 😏IMG_7484.thumb.png.9e1477726509b46e28e8876e3556b976.png

• Like 4

22 hours ago, mamiamjo said:

I’ve spent quite a bit of time reviewing online videos of the ship and the Spa Balcony Cabins so I kind of know what to expect but I have a question that maybe someone can help me answer. How can I tell the layout of the stateroom, specifically where is the bed located?

The reason I ask is that I’ve seen cabins with the bed in the middle 😕 and I’ve seen beds next to the balcony ( which we definitely prefer 😎) but I haven’t seen anything describing why the difference and how to tell which layout we have. If anyone knows how to tell please let me know 👍

The attached accessible deck plan seems to be the best way to check. The grayed out cabins don't accommodate scooters, and I believe that means the bed is in the middle (close to the bathroom). We've been on Mardi Gras 4 times and Celebration once and this has held true for all our rooms so far.

carnival-celebration-accessible-cruising-deck-plan-pdf.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

The attached accessible deck plan seems to be the best way to check. The grayed out cabins don't accommodate scooters, and I believe that means the bed is in the middle (close to the bathroom). We've been on Mardi Gras 4 times and Celebration once and this has held true for all our rooms so far.

carnival-celebration-accessible-cruising-deck-plan-pdf.pdf 5.11 MB · 1 download

Thanks for the accessible deck plan. Can I ask where you can find this?

unfortunately we have the grayed out cabin 🥲

19 minutes ago, mamiamjo said:

Thanks for the accessible deck plan. Can I ask where you can find this?

unfortunately we have the grayed out cabin 🥲

I googled it but it's on the Carnival website. We had a grayed out cabin once and it wasn't bad. It was actually kind of nice when we were sitting on the sofa and had the nice ocean view. I just think when the bed is by the balcony, the room seems bigger.

https://www.carnival.com/searchresults?search=celebration accessible deck plan&search_filters={"us"%3A1} 

• Thanks 1