Benefits for Splash of Romance Pkg Worth it for One Person?

Daruma

Hello, folks. 

Solo traveler here wondering if the following benefits of the Romance Pkg are worth it for a SOLO traveler... the priority boarding seeming to be the best bennie. 

• Priority Boarding
  • Curated daily cold-pressed juices
  • Two 3-Hour Thermal Spa Passes
  • A Shake for Champagne
  • Exclusive Sail Away Hour
  • Sultry bites

Thoughts? Opinions? 

Thank you for your replies. 

Probably not worth it. The thermal spa is $79 on a sea day per person and the Moet is $110. Those are the two biggest value items. The juice is only available something like 8-11am so I think many people find it hard to remember about it. The drinks party is an hour of sparkling wine and sangria so depends how much you drink that could be $10-50 worth, but it’s not a must do either. 

Now that a majority of shows just need you to arrive half hour before instead of booking the early boarding isn’t necessary, some fitness classes need booking but these only show in the event listing later on that first day.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jon81uk said:

Probably not worth it. The thermal spa is $79 on a sea day per person and the Moet is $110. Those are the two biggest value items. The juice is only available something like 8-11am so I think many people find it hard to remember about it. The drinks party is an hour of sparkling wine and sangria so depends how much you drink that could be $10-50 worth, but it’s not a must do either. 

Now that a majority of shows just need you to arrive half hour before instead of booking the early boarding isn’t necessary, some fitness classes need booking but these only show in the event listing later on that first day.

I actually don't drink alcohol, so that's not a benefit to me. 

I'm an early riser so the "juice time" works for me, so that's nice. 

The Thermal Spa at $79 per Sea Day x2, (assuming that I can use both), is almost a break even... it covers $158 of the $200.

The other benefits are "meh" to me... but that means I'm paying:

$158 for 2x 3 hr Thermal Spa passes, (I know that you said $79 for the DAY on Sea Days, but 3 hrs is probably all I'd spend anyway 🤷

$42 for early boarding

Am I kinda, sorta calculating that correctly? 

I get what you're saying about really no longer needing priority boarding, but if it's only costing me roughly $42... is it worth it? 

Thanks. 

Posted (edited)

Splash of Romance is $250. If you won’t drink the Moet it is definitely not worth it.

Also the spa is $79 for the three hour visit, not the day, sorry I wasn’t more specific.

Edited by jon81uk
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jon81uk said:

Splash of Romance is $250. If you won’t drink the Moet it is definitely not worth it.

Huh... thought it said $200?

Oh... yeah... you're right. 

Yeah, then a priority boarding of about $92 isn't worth it. 

Thank you very much. 

Bottom line, if you will use the thermal suite passes and the moet, it is worth the cost.  Otherwise, the  juices, etc.  can be purchased on their own and won't add up to $250.  We have DBE, which includes priority boarding...so no benefit there.  The cocktail party, is not anything great. The juices be purchased with bar tab...which might be part of your booking.

Yes, 2 spa passes = $158.  Bottle of Moet = $105. Cold pressed juice (from carton) $10-13 each. Munchies (there are lots of others available on the ship) you can't buy these exact ones.  Cocktail party...drinks about $10-13 each and the ones you purchase separately are better.
I wouldn't spend the money, but I don't like the Moet.

• Thanks 1

On 5/11/2024 at 9:31 AM, Daruma said:

Huh... thought it said $200?

It used to be $200, then they bumped it up to $250 a few months ago.  My wife and I got it last year and, at $200 it was fun and somewhat worth it, but at $250 it's, well, less worth it.  The funny thing was that we wouldn't always eat all the "treats" at once and would leave some with the intent of snacking on them later.  The cabin stewards kept removing the left overs when prepping the cabin for the evening.  I commented about it a couple of times and they would deliver replacements, but it was amusing they were so aggressive about removing them.  I somewhat get it since you don't want to leave a lot of food just laying around, but we would leave them covered with the saran wrap and it was still an ongoing battle.

• Thanks 1

The price on the thermal suite keeps increasing also, so that might explain the increase in SOR.  In 18 months it has gone from to $39/59 based on shore day or sea day to $79.

• Like 1