Luggage

Deafcruise

Hi,

We going on QM2 QG tomorrow for the first time. We have two big pieces of luggage and two cabin bags, as well as two suit carriers. From reading, it seems that we need to take the suit carrier and two cabin luggage with us? 

Am I right in thinking that once we board we can go straight to the room or QG for lunch, where do we put our luggage and suit carrier?

Thanks 

This is for Mayflower which is QM2 tomorrow, it can be slightly different for other locations. Large bags get taken off you well before check-in via hatches - before the passenger doors into the terminal. That can include the suit carrier and small bags, but some people prefer to take them on personally. You can't miss this, it's very visible. If you take them on then it goes through your security scan so that's a consideration. But you just as a minimum need your passport with visa, ESTA print out if appropriate, boarding pass, insurance documents, credit card and any short term medications with you, the rest can be carried to your stateroom, or you can carry if you prefer.

I would expect Grills suites to be ready and I've only once arrived before the stateroom was ready, not Grills. But if all else fails you can park any other bags there, and go to lunch. Normally baggage arrives within an hour or so.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pushpit said:

This is for Mayflower which is QM2 tomorrow, it can be slightly different for other locations. Large bags get taken off you well before check-in via hatches - before the passenger doors into the terminal. That can include the suit carrier and small bags, but some people prefer to take them on personally. You can't miss this, it's very visible. If you take them on then it goes through your security scan so that's a consideration. But you just as a minimum need your passport with visa, ESTA print out if appropriate, boarding pass, insurance documents, credit card and any short term medications with you, the rest can be carried to your stateroom, or you can carry if you prefer.

I would expect Grills suites to be ready and I've only once arrived before the stateroom was ready, not Grills. But if all else fails you can park any other bags there, and go to lunch. Normally baggage arrives within an hour or so.

Thanks!