*LIVE* NCL Joy Bermuda 7-nite sailing from NYC in HAVEN-06/16/2024-w/pics

I am so stealth that you didn't see me either. Or maybe that's because it's 10:45 and I just woke up. I forgot how dark and cold these inside cabins can be...its like a tomb. Going to get vertical and look for some food. I haven't eaten in 15 hours...a new cruise record!

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Time to CELEBRATE! 

If you do break "cover" from your stealth mode, watch for Dan if he's anywhere near the bar area AND wet floor - outside Haven, celebrating ...   Of course, this isn't the Prima. Roh, the GM does run a tight ship although he seems to be doing so with a new & different set of junior officers under his wing. 

Cookies ? anywhere & how are those new buffet furniture / seating layout.  Are you engaging with the solo cruisers - how about the lounge access ? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Cookies ? anywhere & how are those new buffet furniture / seating layout.

I have not yet been on the prowl for cookies. I just simply don’t want to be disappointed.

However, here are the chocolate-covered strawberries. At first glance you might think, “oh wow they brought back the larger-sized strawberries.” Well, they were cut in half. And mine were already discolored.

IMG_5655.thumb.jpeg.7fb7ade1bb78eeb10f73d9c616e7acb9.jpeg

Did not pay attention to the buffet furniture but I can confirm that they were functional. 

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

If you do break "cover" from your stealth mode, watch for Dan if he's anywhere near the bar area AND wet floor - outside Haven, celebrating ...

Yes I must at the very least wish @graphicguy a Happy Birthday in person. He is also not permitted to fall or injure himself in any way on this cruise. He already spilled beer on himself on the first day so thankfully that’s out of the way. 

24 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Are you engaging with the solo cruisers - how about the lounge access ? 

I have not yet met any solo cruisers though I am sure they are lurking. The solo supplement did not drop until a week before sail date, otherwise there would have been more solos on board. As expected on a cruise during this time of year, there are many large traveling groups of family and friends. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

I am so stealth that you didn't see me either. Or maybe that's because it's 10:45 and I just woke up. I forgot how dark and cold these inside cabins can be...its like a tomb. Going to get vertical and look for some food. I haven't eaten in 15 hours...a new cruise record!

Slacker….

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Meet us in Bermuda!  Short flight!

Then, we all can be fun for the whole family!!!

Oh, how I wish! I'd love to be trapped in Bermuda for a few days with you fine folks!! For now all I can do is look at these views from Clearwater Beach...at least until y'all get there with all your exploring!

image.thumb.jpeg.3d8e3bf65eff771dce97a3b8171d3368.jpeg

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Hmmmmm….

IMG_3560.jpeg

YUM!! That celebratory cake is sooooo good - almost, almost as good as the Haven's cheesecake (without the caramel)! Just be sure to have at least one friend with you to partake. It's a yummy, shareable cake!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

Are you going to the Captains cocktail party tonight? I received an invite (they must think I am someone else) and am planning on going...if I don't fall asleep again.

Sadly, I did not receive an invitation. But if you fall asleep I shall attend as you, because I certainly wouldn’t want to attend as myself. 

• Haha 6

Just now, Sugar Magnolia said:

Sadly, I did not receive an invitation. But if you fall asleep I shall attend as you, because I certainly wouldn’t want to attend as myself. 

Well I would say you can be my plus one but we know how that turned out.

• Haha 4

Well…just peaked into the Garden Cafe foregoing my pool lounger for lunch.  That’s a big negatory!

Speaking of loungers, saw a lady get LIVID accusing a lounger neighbor of stealing her towel and phone.  

Hilarity ensued (not really…I thought a cat fight was going to break out).

One of the other nearby lounger guests said some crew cleared out her lounger.  Don’t know how long it was there, but apparently they’re enforcing CHOG rules! 

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

20 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

Are you going to the Captains cocktail party tonight? I received an invite (they must think I am someone else) and am planning on going...if I don't fall asleep again.

As of right now, I think I’m going!  Subject to change!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Well…just peaked into the Garden Cafe foregoing my pool lounger for lunch.  That’s a big negatory!

Speaking of loungers, saw a lady get LIVID accusing a lounger neighbor of stealing her towel and phone.  

Hilarity ensued (not really…I thought a cat fight was going to break out).

One of the other nearby lounger guests said some crew cleared out her lounger.  Don’t know how long it was there, but apparently they’re enforcing CHOG rules! 

I was at the Garden Café to grab my daily fruit. I was terrified of the pool area. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, Sugar Magnolia said:

I was at the Garden Café to grab my daily fruit. I was terrified of the pool area. 

You probably had the same reaction I did when I stepped off the elevator on deck 6 into the chaos known as the Atrium. Almost enough to send me back to bed.

But now they have given me a private dining room for lunch...I told them I knew @graphicguy.

20240617_121101.jpg

• Haha 10

4 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

Well I would say you can be my plus one but we know how that turned out.

Hahaha ... between graphicguy and you, shouldn't be a problem for either to have a guest come along to meet the senior officers & captain inside Haven.   Besides, they aren't using facial recognition or swiping guest key cards to verify identities, or counting the # of RSVP's received. 

I wonder if the oddly scheduled time (and, NCL is known to do this on their ships) will ruin a few specialty dining reservations made months ago ... on the other hand, good for possibly a walk up to dine at Cagney's or Le Bistro due to last minute cancellations.  

Enjoy the cruise, sleep late & do nothing, you are 100% entitled to and free to do that.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I have not yet been on the prowl for cookies. I just simply don’t want to be disappointed.

However, here are the chocolate-covered strawberries. At first glance you might think, “oh wow they brought back the larger-sized strawberries.” Well, they were cut in half. And mine were already discolored.

IMG_5655.thumb.jpeg.7fb7ade1bb78eeb10f73d9c616e7acb9.jpeg

Did not pay attention to the buffet furniture but I can confirm that they were functional. 

Not  chocolate covered strawberry fan.  Should have polled at the ones they left in my cabin, but didn’t inspect them at all.  They are gone now, though.

I’ve been on more than one cruise, those poor berries lingered in my cabin for days…looking sadder and sadder each hour!

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I’m sure they aren’t going to be asking for IDs at the door.  Sneak in, drink a foo-foo drink, eat a handful of olives, shake hands with the Captain, tell him you’re Gwen  Stefani,

no one’s the wiser.

• Haha 5