*LIVE* NCL Joy Bermuda 7-nite sailing from NYC in HAVEN-06/16/2024-w/pics

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

The biggest disappointment on the newly installed thermal suite on the Joy is that there is no big pool with jets. This is the one and only Thalasso therapy pool which has some jets. 

IMG_5871.thumb.jpeg.28ce7692cc6b304355d4164d9af8279a.jpeg

IMG_5874.thumb.jpeg.4f6e9313044478ebe944ae33a576c044.jpeg

This is the cold therapy plunge pool for one person.

IMG_5907.thumb.jpeg.cb37eddef476973f8a05cb848b07a485.jpeg

IMG_5905.thumb.jpeg.a03abfd0b9e6d58c51702511eff8154b.jpeg

IMG_5904.thumb.jpeg.76ef7cf01da3bcd65fe1377ef62bf65d.jpeg

Both pools require walking up and down 5-7 steps.

That would just be begging me for a face plant!  LOL!

Edited by graphicguy
  • Haha 4

One improvement in the thermal suite on the Joy is the heated lounges with a smooth surface instead of the tiled surface on the other ships. There are also outlets all around the suite so I can play my music to drown out the space age music and the snoring around me. 

IMG_6059.thumb.jpeg.5d313d15b3212f96ab483c6b1d2436bc.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Made the right decision to stay on board today…

IMG_3804.jpeg

I was out there and, other than about 20 minutes, it wasn't that bad. Happy to be back on board.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

I’ve spent most of my pool time around the main pool area.  Don’t know why, just have.

Have been to the hot tub and lounger area in the Haven, but haven’t seen a specific Haven only sauna.  If I remember, I’ll go look later today or tomorrow!

Have you checked out the Haven sun deck area.  It's really nice with cabanas and umbrellas.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, goldmom said:

Have you checked out the Haven sun deck area.  It's really nice with cabanas and umbrellas.

I see now that you did.  I thought it was a really nice area and the 16 and over was a bonus.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, goldmom said:

I see now that you did.  I thought it was a really nice area and the 16 and over was a bonus.

It is quite nice.  Not having the little Tur…..ummm angels running around is a huge bonus!

Which brings me to another topic.  

Parents….other guests do not think your kids are the same darlings you think they are.  We are not here to babysit them.  If they are misbehaving, make certain it only happens briefly.  Most, if not all of us are parents, too.  So please do not tell us we don’t know what it’s like.  We do!

If you insist on drinking at any of the bars, the bartenders and waiters are not going to allow your little darlings to sit at the bar.  Don’t brow beat them as a result.  It’s NCL POLICY!  Moreover, they are not allowed to order at the bars, either…not soft drinks, not water, not shirley temples….nothing!

Don’t allow them to “play” in the food areas because you’re not willing to be a parent and watch them!

Instead, grab your drinks, take the little munchkins back to your cabin so you can supervise them while you insist on drinking.

Better yet, explain to them the correct way to behave in public.

This is not only an NCL issue.  You may think none of this applies to your kids because they’re so well behaved.  Let me

be succinct, it applies to ALL PARENTS AND THEIR CHILDREN!

There…I feel better!

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, graphicguy said:

It is quite nice.  Not having the little Tur…..ummm angels running around is a huge bonus!

Which brings me to another topic.  

Parents….other guests do not think your kids are the same darlings you think they are.  We are not here to babysit them.  If they are misbehaving, make certain it only happens briefly.  Most, if not all of us are parents, too.  So please do not tell us we don’t know what it’s like.  We do!

If you insist on drinking at any of the bars, the bartenders and waiters are not going to allow your little darlings to sit at the bar.  Don’t brow beat them as a result.  It’s NCL POLICY!

Don’t allow them to “play” in the food areas because you’re not willing to be a parent and watch them!

Instead, grab your drinks, take the little munchkins back to your cabin so you can supervise them while you insist on drinking.

Better yet, explain to them the correct way to behave in public.

This is not only an NCL issue.  You may think none of this applies to your kids because they’re so well behaved.  Let me

be succinct, it applies to ALL PARENTS AND THEIR CHILDREN!

There…I feel better!

Amen, brother.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Uh oh! I feel a story coming on about insolent parents (note, I didn't say children). 

Nah…just something that happened earlier today.  There are kids in the Haven.  Parents pay a lot of money to have them stay.  I get that.

What it doesn’t do is allow a family, any family to dominate the Haven.  The Parents were upset their kids couldn’t sit at the bar while they were drinking.  They were also upset they had to get drinks for their kids because the kids aren’t allowed to order drinks at the bar.  

The kids, clearly feeling as entitled as their parents were, mimicked what I’m sure they see at home, and threw a little hissy fit as a result!

We’re all trying to enjoy ourselves while this embarrassing scene unfolds.  

The parents were looking for backing from the rest of us in the peanut gallery.  Didn’t get it!

C’mon….seriously?

• Like 11

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

GLOW party tonight!

I have the main show tonight.  When does Glow start?

Or, am I not invited?

Edited by graphicguy

On the topic of parents…

I attended a vocalist performance yesterday at The Social. Parents and toddler sat front and center. Toddler acted up several times during the performance, disturbing the vocalist as well as the audience. You could feel the audience was on edge, some shushing the toddler but parents still didn’t seem to care enough to either remove the toddler or sit somewhere other than right in front of the vocalist. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Or, am I not invited?

The GLOWing starts at 10:30 but don’t you worry…the party goes on all night so wear your dancing shoes. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Or, am I not invited?

Of course you are invited!! It wouldn't be a party without you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

The GLOWing starts at 10:30 but don’t you worry…the party goes on all night so wear your dancing shoes. 

Resy is 6:15 not 6:45.  My bad!