Lobster night on 6 day cruises ? Carnival Horizon

Hello All

We are boarding the Carnival Horizon next week on May 19th. It is a 6 day sailing. Will their be a lobster night or a beef wellington night in the MDR ?

First time we have been assigned Anytime Dinning

On a seven day cruise, you get two elegant nights.  I looked up the menu online, are they the same menu except that the second one has lobster?

1 hour ago, totz808 said:

On a seven day cruise, you get two elegant nights.  I looked up the menu online, are they the same menu except that the second one has lobster?

That is my understanding 

3 hours ago, phoneman69 said:

Hello All

We are boarding the Carnival Horizon next week on May 19th. It is a 6 day sailing. Will their be a lobster night or a beef wellington night in the MDR ?

First time we have been assigned Anytime Dinning

2 hours ago, totz808 said:

The two elegant night menus are pretty different.  Both have prime rib, and only the second elegant night has complimentary lobster.  

Beef Wellington is served on a regular night on 8-night sailings but may not be on the menu on 6- or 7-night sailings.

44 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

The two elegant night menus are pretty different.  Both have prime rib, and only the second elegant night has complimentary lobster.  

Beef Wellington is served on a regular night on 8-night sailings but may not be on the menu on 6- or 7-night sailings.

I grabbed the menus from here:

https://freestyletravelers.com/blog/carnival-2024-mdr-menus

I don't know if it's totally accurate, but they do look like captures.  The two menus appear to be identical except the first elegant night has grilled jumbo shrimp and fish cake, and the second night has the lobster.  It's why I'm asking, but if your experience is that the menus are different I'll go with that.  Thank you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, totz808 said:

I grabbed the menus from here:

https://freestyletravelers.com/blog/carnival-2024-mdr-menus

I don't know if it's totally accurate, but they do look like captures.  The two menus appear to be identical except the first elegant night has grilled jumbo shrimp and fish cake, and the second night has the lobster.  It's why I'm asking, but if your experience is that the menus are different I'll go with that.  Thank you.

That second elegant night menu isn't correct.  First and second elegant night menus should look similar to this...

The menus may vary slightly over time and from ship to ship (this one doesn't have prime rib the first elegant night) but the two elegant nights are definitely different menus.

Carnival-6-night-dinner-menu-day-2b.webp

new-carnival-dinner-menu-lobster.webp

2 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

That second elegant night menu isn't correct.  First and second elegant night menus should look similar to this...

The menus may vary slightly over time and from ship to ship (this one doesn't have prime rib the first elegant night) but the two elegant nights are definitely different menus.

Carnival-6-night-dinner-menu-day-2b.webp

new-carnival-dinner-menu-lobster.webp

Thank you! That makes me feel better. I was about to book a specialty dining on the first elegant night.

On my two trips to Alaska and Hawaii I was under impressed with the beef Wellington. The pastry part was lacking, as it was only  about 1/8 inch thick both times.