Overnight car parking near Quebec City Terminal

gkeep

Posted (edited)

Hello! I am trying to research out the details, but still could use some help. Arriving on the Emerald Princess July 2nd, disembarking July 3rd. Looking to rent a car in the afternoon on the 2nd, park overnight near the terminal, then will be driving to Montreal on the 3rd. Looking at reserving parking through the indigo site. The only one that comes up close is Hotel Le Germain, 126 St Pierre. It looks close, but not sure if this is a reasonable location? I have never used Indigo before, and have read their FAQ but still have questions.

1.The rate if I book on July 2nd 4pm or earlier through anytime the next day is $15.50, if I select 5pm or anything later, even 8pm to 8 am the next morning it goes up to $27.xx. Less time, more money? but the times overlap. Wondering if I just book at 4pm to 4pm can I arrive anytime after my reserved time, and leave before my reserved time with no problem?

2. We will have a rental car, so we don't know the license plate number. It appears we need to have this to reserve, and reading the FAQ it appears we can not enter it later? we would have to cancel and rebook which would defeat the purpose of prebooking.

All that being said, is there generally sufficient parking so as not needing to reserve parking? it would just make me really nervous not to have a spot to park the car. Thanks for any input!

Edited by gkeep