Transport from Venice to Trieste

Anubi

We are staying pre-cruise in Venice.  I've done some research into transport from Venice to Trieste and I'd like to hear from anyone who has done that.

We are leaning toward the train as it looks convenient for us.  I'm assuming that if we get the Princess transfer, we'd have to go back to the airport for pick up.

We'd like to hear about any experience good or bad.  🙂   

We did this last year. Our hotel was walking distance to the Venice train station. I can’t remember how we booked the train tickets, but it was easy to do online and very reasonable. The train station in Trieste was about a 15 minute or so walk to the cruise port. It was super easy to find our way using google maps. 

• Thanks 1

We did this way back in 2017 for the Majestic Princess preview cruise after she left the shipyard. We flew into Venice, had to find the bus that takes you to Venice Mestre from the airport and then picked up the direct train to Trieste. As we got closer it stopped at Monfalcone which upped our excitement levels! Once we arrived in Trieste we sought out the local bus which took us to a stop right in front of the terminal buildings - we were staying at the hotel opposite so this worked well. 

• Thanks 1

FYI: The airport Crowne Plaza in Quarto d’Altino is next to the outdoor small train station where you can catch the same train to Trieste. It’s not really at the airport-more like 10km away. Very reasonable and quick/easy to get to Venice. Free shuttle to/from airport (must book in advance via email). I haven’t taken the train that way. But watched several going to Trieste while we waited to go towards Venice.