Icy Strait Point Kayak or Ocean Raft

Fiftiesandteens

Hi All, 

We are visiting Icy Strait Point in July - family of 4 with two older teens. We are looking at the kayaking or ocean raft trips and would love to hear anyone's experience of these as we can't do both! I can find very little info on either of them and although initially really wanted to do kayaking I am slightly put off by a couple of the reviews I have managed to find as the one that departs from Hoonah looks amazing but it's not available and there seems to be suggestions that the one that leaves from ISP itself is not that great. Would love to have some feedback from anyone who has actually been on these trips. Thank you in advance 🙂 

On 5/15/2024 at 8:20 AM, Fiftiesandteens said:

Hi All, 

We are visiting Icy Strait Point in July - family of 4 with two older teens. We are looking at the kayaking or ocean raft trips and would love to hear anyone's experience of these as we can't do both! I can find very little info on either of them and although initially really wanted to do kayaking I am slightly put off by a couple of the reviews I have managed to find as the one that departs from Hoonah looks amazing but it's not available and there seems to be suggestions that the one that leaves from ISP itself is not that great. Would love to have some feedback from anyone who has actually been on these trips. Thank you in advance 🙂 

Try Fairweather kayak tours

• 3 weeks later...

I can't be a ton of help but we just got back and we saw the Kayak tours in Icy Straight from the docks and it looked like large groups went out and just paddled around in the bay for a while and came back in. Really didn't look that impressive to me. We did a whale watch excursion with Glacier Winds and it was the best excursion we did on the entire trip. It was the only place we saw Orca Whales along with Humpbacks, sea lions, otters, eagles and a momma bear with 3 cubs on the beach.