Moderno Churrascaria Buffet only instead of kids meal?

Hello,

My family and I are new to NCL cruising and have lots of questions!

We will be on the Jewel in July and my husband and I have one Speciality dinner included and we are trying to figure out where to go.

Both my kids (11 & 7) like food and are pretty adventurous eaters. 

Our older would like to go to the Moderno Churrascaria and we have no problem paying out of pocket.
But I am hesitant paying the full price for our 7 year old...
Last time we went to Fogo she really enjoyed the buffet, and while she did try all the meats, she probably would be okay with just having a bite of each from me as long as she can indulge on appetizers & desserts.

Do you think they would allow her to eat from the buffet in lieu of ordering from the kids menu? 
(She's on the skinny side and does not look like she is able to polish off her weight in smoked salmon.)
And does anyone pay attention if food is shared with kids?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Net

No.

You can either pay for a specialty meal (full price) or order off the kid’s menu for free.

I don’t eat meat and still have to use a meal voucher or dining package meal for Moderno.

55 minutes ago, Net81 said:
Hello,

My family and I are new to NCL cruising and have lots of questions!

We will be on the Jewel in July and my husband and I have one Speciality dinner included and we are trying to figure out where to go.

Both my kids (11 & 7) like food and are pretty adventurous eaters. 

Our older would like to go to the Moderno Churrascaria and we have no problem paying out of pocket.
But I am hesitant paying the full price for our 7 year old...
Last time we went to Fogo she really enjoyed the buffet, and while she did try all the meats, she probably would be okay with just having a bite of each from me as long as she can indulge on appetizers & desserts.

Do you think they would allow her to eat from the buffet in lieu of ordering from the kids menu? 
(She's on the skinny side and does not look like she is able to polish off her weight in smoked salmon.)
And does anyone pay attention if food is shared with kids?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Net

For the question “does anyone pay attention if food is shared with kids” the best response I can provide is that your payment arrangement will take place before you enter Moderno. There is a desk outside the restaurant with a host. The host will ask if you are using a Specialty meal dining credit. These are not shareable so you will indicate at this time if you want to have your child order off the kid’s menu or if you prefer to pay for an additional specialty meal.

If your whole family wants to eat at the restaurant it will be cost effective for you to buy additional specialty dining in advance.

Sharing your meal with someone else is a lot different when the restaurant basically offers unlimited meat than in a restaurant where you get one of each course.  Just like on land, sharing at an all you can eat restaurant is not allowed.  

We ordered off the kids menu at Moderno for our 10yo. He decided to try the kids avocado tacos and didn’t care for them as prepared. I doctored them up with some of the black beans served with our meal. We also shared a few bites from our salad bar plates (as in would you like to try a bite of this to see if you like something new?) and bread. The staff had no objections. They even offered him a free dessert from the Moderno selections rather than choosing one off of the kids menu. I’d say YMMV, but no one is going to give you the stink eye if you share a bite here and there with a 7yo who ordered a kids meal. However if you fill up an entire plate for her from the salad bar you’ll likely be required to pay the cover charge.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot weisla!

This is what I had in mind - Good to know it might be an option!

(Probably "tasting" is a better way to describe what I wanted than "sharing".)

• Like 1