Marseille Hotel

Bracarense

Hello.

We will be cruising MSC World Europa from Marseille in September and I was looking for a hotel for the day before departure.

As we already know Marseille do you recommend any hotel near the cruise terminal (as close as possible).

Thank you.

I am not aware of any decent hotels near the port, and that would not be a neighborhood we would choose even if there was an option.  Consider that no matter where you stay, it will be a relatively short taxi ride to the port.  Given that situation, we would opt for one of the decent hotels located within a short walking distance of the old port (Vieux Port).  

For what it's worth, we would not even stay in Marseille but would likely spend the night in Aix and make our way to the port on embarkation day.  I sometimes get flamed here for saying that we are not fans of Marseille.

Hank

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Bracarense said:

any hotel near the cruise terminal (as close as possible).

I am not personally aware of any hotels right by the port and as Hank mentioned, maybe not the best area to be in anyway.

There are however, quite a few only a few minutes away, both at la Joliette, which is a main transport hub, and across the main road from there by the shopping centre Les Terraces.

Unless your internet searching turns up any others which are closer, those two areas might be your best chance and only a very short taxi ride away from the port at Fos.

• Thanks 1