LIVE MSC Meraviglia May 19-26… and (hopefully) reopening of Ocean Cay

Notch8

My most recent experiences on Seaside and Seashore the bracelets were available at the photo kiosk and cost $10.  I have. Of seen a guest talent night but on Seashore the karaoke was excellent.  People of all ages, sometimes the same people each night but not si going the same songs.  I felt like most had been in garage bands in younger years.  EM

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/23/2024 at 3:03 PM, Notch8 said:

OK…. Well…

First of all, there’s still a lot of construction going on.  Looks like they’re expanding the facilities for the staff that lives on the island.

There are some new paths and a couple of bars/food trucks moved around.

As far as the rest of the facility, it looks like nothing more was done than general maintenance.  Not sure if the pathway shades were there in July, but they seemed new.

No meaningful improvements to Seakers that I noticed.  Still only two buffet lines.  And you still have to stand in the entire line for anything other than a hamburger or hot dog.  In my view, NOTHING of value to the passengers.

Beaches were still nice!  We spent most of our time at Bimini Beach and used snorkel gear we brought.  (Near the rocks is best.)

Despite there being little change, it’s nice that it’s being maintained to a world-class standard.  Other than the worst-in-class buffet, it’s a terrific private island.

IMG_7855.jpeg

IMG_7856.jpeg

IMG_7857.jpeg

How is the water at Bimini Beach?  Is it rough?  How is the snorkeling, compared to Sunset Beach?

6 hours ago, dns20 said:

How is the water at Bimini Beach?  Is it rough?  How is the snorkeling, compared to Sunset Beach?

We didn’t snorkel at Sunset Beach, so can’t compare.

We didn’t find the water to be rough at Bimini Beach.  Water was mostly clear, especially in areas near the rocks (fewer people) - and that’s where all the fish are anyway.

TIP:  bring a roll from the buffet with you to feed the fish.  You’ll quickly be surrounded by hundreds of “Sergeant Major” fish!