Fantasia cabin selection - deck 15 beside Top Sail or deck 16 under pool deck?

markwfpb

Hello,

I have a highly specific question and I've searched other posts without figuring out what to do, so thought I'd just ask for guidance here.

We're about to book a Fantasia cabin for 2025. Only a few are available for our itinerary. 

One option is a cabin on 15 just outside Top Sail. I'm wondering how noisy that could be with people coming and going into the night. (7 day Med cruise if that makes a difference) I'm assuming people wouldn't go past the concierge desk but would just walk down their hall and pass by other cabins to enter Top Sail from the side. 

The other option is there are a few cabins scattered on 16 below the pool deck. I've read here about lounge chair being drug in and out every day. And the One Bar is right above on the starboard side.

From a noise factor, any clear winner here?!

Thank you

While I'm at it, is there a preferred side of the ship to be on any of the Med ports like starboard for Ocean Cay? We'll be on the Barcelona, Marseilles, Genoa, Naples, Palermo, Tunisia route.

Is this ship the MSC Seaside? Helpful to know which ship. If it is, my choice would be Deck 15. Forward of that are actually the ship's officer's quarters.

Yep, it's the Fantasia. 

Just trying to weigh the possible noise level from being the second cabin outside the Top Sail lounge versus being one deck up, under the pool deck.

(and if there's a preferred side of ship to be on in any of the ports I listed - I'm doubtful of that but thought I'd ask since we've never been to Italy and the coastlines look gorgeous!) 

I don’t have any experience with the Fantasia but recently was in the first cabin on the starboard side right next to the Top Sail lounge on the Meraviglia. We never heard any noise coming from the lounge and loved the location.

• Thanks 1