Pullman question

My wife and I booked a Balcony Guarantee on Carnival Legend because guarantees were all that were left.

We just got assigned a cabin.  I like the location (Forward/Mid) and I like the deck (6) between two other decks of cabins so minimal overhead or below noise. So that's a relief.

According to the deck plans, the cabin has two twin beds which convert to a King and a Pullman bed.

I know the pullman stays locked to the wall if it's not being used, but I'm wondering if it takes up a lot of wall space which would otherwise be utilized with something else.  Does this mean the cabin won't have a sofa?  I tried searching for photos online but couldn't find any.

Is the wall of the pullman magnetic?  can we attach magnetic hooks and use it to hang things on?

Will I even notice the pullman is there?

One other question, we would want the twin beds converted to a king but does that mean there are two mattresses on the top or just one big King mattress? A typical twin bed is 75" long whereas a Twin XL is the same length as a King (80").  Which can I expect? 

Posted (edited)

The pullman will likely be up in the ceiling of the room, only lowered into the room space if needed, by the room steward. You won't even notice it, other than the outline of the bed on the ceiling. Some ships have them in the walls, but, again, they aren't lowered unless you need them for the 3rd person.

The twins are pushed together.  It's not one big king size mattress.

Edited by pcvtmom
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Balcony cabins do not have wall mounted pullmans on Spirit class ships.  In fact, even the inside cabins on Spirit class have the bunks in the ceiling.  EM

Edited by Essiesmom

I don't know how many inches long they are, but they seem like a regular sized mattress to me. I'd think if they were the XL's it might be an issue with waling space at the foot of the bed. 

The twins are not as wide as a standard twin..33” as opposed to the standard 39”.  So your king bed is actually 66”, instead of 78”.  Bigger than a queen,  but not a king.  EM

11 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

Do most cabins have regular king.beds?

No.  They are the twin beds pushed together.

They need to be flexible so that there can be twin beds in that cabin if that's what the passengers want.

• Like 1