Tour Recommendations for Small Children on Western Caribbean

in cozumel I would take them to one of the beaches. Check out the cozumel board for some ideas.

In costa maya, honestly, I would probably just stay on the ship. There is a pool at teh port, but there is also a pool on the ship :). The ship will be less crowded as well. I dont think kids that age would do well to sit on a bus to go see ruins. maybe one grownup can stay with them, or at least stay on the ship while they are in the kids club.

In grand cayman we are taking the young ones to stingray city. They dont have to go on the water, they can aways stay on the boat with one adult.

just some thoughts.

sandy

I also thought the turtle farm in Grand Cayman was cute for the little ones. The all seemed to really enjoy holding those little turtles. The other places I would just do the beach. In Costa Maya take a taxi and go to Mahahual for a nice sandy beach there. It's not far, I think about 3-5 miles.

Go to the beach (Mahahual) in Costa Maya -- No need to reserve a tour, just take the zebra-striped bus from the port (less than 10 minutes drive). Our 6 year old had a blast playing in the ocean there (no waves, clean/shallow water, visible little fishies to chase). We were able to get a beachfront table (at Tapas bar) and watch him play at the waters edge. We enjoyed cheap beer and great food!! Go early for the best table. There are also some street vendors to check-out, but mainly the beach is just great!!

In Cozumel, I'm not sure if it has re-opened after the hurricane, but there was a great mini-golf course abut 2 blocks in from the downtown flag pole (...if the pole is still there??). The golf course gives you a walkie-talkie to order drinks as you play and they come around with chilled, damp towels to cool you off. Also, there is also an iguana that wanders the course. We made a day out of going to eat at Pancho's Backyard and playing mini-golf.

Archived