LIVE from the Edge - Alaska Dawes Glacier B2Bs May 24-June 7

SerraG

6 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

Maybe @Ferry_Watcher can advise you.  From Seattle.

Passengers are encouraged to drop off their larger pieces of luggage with the porters because carrying it into the terminal and thru the security screening tends to slow the process/flow down.  That said, if a passenger really wants to carry on their luggage - they can.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, katie8203 said:

This is what I'm worried about - our luggage getting to the right ship. I'm not going to be able to relax until all of our luggage arrives - how long did it take for yours? The last two cruises I've been on, we took our own stuff on. 

I don’t remember but maybe a couple of hours.  Suites get their luggage faster than other cabin types.  

i have anxiety about a lot of things, but I have never worried very much about our luggage making it from the curb to our cabin.  I am much more worried about our luggage getting lost between airports and we do put AirTags in our bags.  But if you keep your valuables and medication with you in a carry-on and give the rest of your luggage to a porter who is clearly in a Celebrity vest, I think you will be fine. 

It would be awkward to bring all of your checked bags through the lines and also through x-rays and security.  If everyone did that, the line to get in the cruise building would be so much longer! 

• Like 1

@katie8203 At pier 91, if you don't drop your large bags with a porter, there's a separate location where you can drop the bags inside the building on the ground level. We normally drop ours with a porter, but on this last trip we failed to get the attention of a porter. As you approach the building, there's an open set of doors leading to a luggage drop area with a large sized x-ray machine. There should be signage and people confirming it's for Celebrity - they check your cruise line at every step. Assuming you have your luggage tags on, you walk right up to the guy manning the x-ray machine and give him your bags. He sends them through the x-ray and you'll next see them on the ship. Then you head back and join the line of folks with their passports and boarding passes to go through the passport check, then upstairs to the personal x-ray security lines, then to regular check-in.

Edited by ccqueenanne
Tagging katie8203
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, SerraG said:

I don’t remember but maybe a couple of hours.  Suites get their luggage faster than other cabin types.  

i have anxiety about a lot of things, but I have never worried very much about our luggage making it from the curb to our cabin.  I am much more worried about our luggage getting lost between airports and we do put AirTags in our bags.  But if you keep your valuables and medication with you in a carry-on and give the rest of your luggage to a porter who is clearly in a Celebrity vest, I think you will be fine. 

It would be awkward to bring all of your checked bags through the lines and also through x-rays and security.  If everyone did that, the line to get in the cruise building would be so much longer! 

Carry on size suitcases okay to go through with people?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ccqueenanne said:

At pier 91, if you don't drop your large bags with a porter, there's a separate location where you can drop the bags inside the building on the ground level.

This sounds like the process for HAL and Princess passengers at Pier 91.  Are you sure you did this on Celebrity?