I'm Confused.

Sometimes it doesn't take much to confuse me but this morning I received an email from Princess with regards to upgrading on a forthcoming cruise. It had a link which took me to the grade of cabin I currently have and then a series of sliders beneath each type of upgrade available. My confusion surrounds this as I originally expected to be offered the chance to upgrade five day's after I had made the final payment and that the amount I bid was at my discretion therefore if I wished to upgrade from my inside to say a balcony I could bid £200 per person. What amazed me was the cheapest was £720 per person for a sea view. Is this something new ? or will I still be able to bid what I feel is reasonable. After all if they have cabins available surely a reasonable amount, but not a full price upgrade is still of advantage to Princess. Or am I being silly. 

There has always been a minimum amount set for each category in the bidding process. It varies from cruise to cruise. Sometimes the minimums are higher, as seems to be the case for your trip. You must bid at least the minimum for whatever categories you are interested in.

• Like 1

Just now, Torfamm said:

There has always been a minimum amount set for each category in the bidding process. It varies from cruise to cruise. Sometimes the minimums are higher, as seems to be the case for your trip. You must bid at least the minimum for whatever categories you are interested in.

O.K. thanks. Must admit was a bit staggered at the huge jump in what we would have to bid. But then the cruise we are taking is currently around £1200 more than we are paying.

59 minutes ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

O.K. thanks. Must admit was a bit staggered at the huge jump in what we would have to bid. But then the cruise we are taking is currently around £1200 more than we are paying.

Then enjoy the cruise in the inside cabin you currently have reserved and be glad that you booked early to get your discounted rate.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

Then enjoy the cruise in the inside cabin you currently have reserved and be glad that you booked early to get your discounted rate.

OP might even be surprised with a free upgrade. It could happen since the price for the original cabin (inside?) has gone up so much.