Can an FCC be used towards an existing reservation?

Hi everyone!

We had a supoptimal experience in March due to weather and were both issued 20% FCC that expires in 2025. 

We have a honeymoon cruise later this year in November, with final payment due in July.

Can a FCC be used as payment?

It seemed like it was going to work on the site, but it wouldn't work with trying to pay the remainder $3k, paying $1640, and the remainder $1360 being the FCC credit. Original cruise was $6852. 

One interesting thing, when I went to click pay full amount due ($3k) with the FCC coupon of 20% off, it took 10% off the amount due on card.

Is thing something that's possible, and if so, I'm guessing I need to call?

Hoping we can use this towards our cruise later this year, because we won't be able to take 3 cruises in 2 years!

All the best

Posted (edited)

We've had many 10% off fcc coupons for cruises that Norwegian has cancelled (fleet redeployments, charters and so on).

I've never been able to apply them online, the value isn't exactly 10% of the base fare so I can't enter how much it's worth.  It's always off by a few dollars.

So, in short, yes, you'll have to call to get the coupon applied.  And yes, it can be used any time before final payment, for existing reservations.  

Edited by Rob_H
  • Like 1

Yes, you probably need to call. A couple of things to keep in mind. The FCC is only on the fare, not the total. And it shows as a reduction of the fare, not a payment. Also, I believe you have to each apply your discount, otherwise it only comes off of 1 person - which might explain the 10%.

• Thanks 1

Thanks! I'll call them up.

We both got FCC credits of 20%, I'm assuming you can only apply one per reservation? 

Will be great if we'll be able to even use one towards our honeymoon, no more Bermuda cruises in March - lesson learned.

Thanks Rob!

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, julig22 said:

Also, I believe you have to each apply your discount, otherwise it only comes off of 1 person - which might explain the 10%.

Thanks, I choose my FCC and 'pay full $3k amount' and it adjusted to %10 off, $680, but wouldn't stick either. 

Going to ask if we can apply both of ours towards this cruise, sadly NCL doesn't take panini presses towards final honeymoon payment.

Thanks for the replies!

Edited by cpqq

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, cpqq said:

Going to ask if we can apply both of ours towards this cruise, sadly NCL doesn't take panini presses towards final honeymoon payment.

Assuming you each got the coupons, you will need to (and can) apply both - each coupon is 20% off the base fare for one person, not the cabin. 

As @julig22 mentioned, it shows as a change in the base rate.  This makes comparing prices to get a reprice after a price reduction more complicated, so we leave applying the coupon until close to final payment, after we've got our best deal.  But not too close to final payment, as you have to reach a person to get it applied!

Edited by Rob_H

Posted (edited)

Thanks, guys, calling on Tuesday!

The website tried to take off 10% of the fare on my coupon but the logic wasn't there, but that makes perfect sense. Two 10% coupons would apply and take $680 off each. 

Edited by cpqq
spelling, tired