Crystal website

tryber

My cruise is now 120 days away, so got access to the portal to book restaurants and excursions.  I'm impressed with how well it works.  It's an improvement over the old website (and better than Seabourn, which was my last cruise).  No glitches and not slow.  Very easy to book restaurants, including those in a different booking.  I haven't booked any shore excursions or spa appointments yet, but those look easy too.  I'm getting excited about my first cruise on the new Crystal.  

• Like 5

I'm happy enough with the website so far, but I have kind of mixed feelings with how simple it is.  It's a lot easier not having to mess with Crystal Keys and such, but those added historical complexities were what enabled group reservations -- which are kind of painful to book right now (offline).  On the whole though, I think they're off to a good start!

Vince

I agree.

And the good news is that it's gotten better since they relaunched as New Crystal.

Booking excursions and spa/salon appointments are very easy too.

For limitations such as ones involving group reservations as Vince notes, we have provided the details to on board guest services and they have been able to combine them.  I believe a few people have said they have called Crystal about those or had their TA's do this but we find very easy just to write to obgs and they usually turn-around the request in within a day if it's on a business day.

Keith 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ARod624 said:

Why isn't there a Crystal mobile app?? ☹️  That's a miss...

I think given the circumstances, that’s a relatively low priority item (IMHO).  If you ask 80% of Crystal passengers about the Crystal app, you’ll get complaints about the carpaccio being served in the dining room instead of an alternative restaurant now.  😆 Doing things on a mobile device via a responsive web page instead of a native app is the least of their problems, but being in the other 20% I at least appreciate the ask.

Vince

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARod624 said:

Why isn't there a Crystal mobile app?? ☹️  That's a miss...

The intranet site available when onboard is pretty good and has most things you need 

What are you looking for specifically from an App?

• Like 1