I need help and advice

Brookspw70

On 5/31/2024 at 11:35 AM, May B said:

After this happened, have you been asking to have the notation PLEASE DO NOT MOVE CABIN ASSIGNMENT to all your future bookings? It means you need to remember to request it, each time. I think it’s worth the effort.

Does Viking have bad state rooms in the next tier?

Also, seems to me that rarely do people report upgrade fairy visitations and when they do happen, they are generally always pleased.

13 minutes ago, Mike07 said:

Also, seems to me that rarely do people report upgrade fairy visitations and when they do happen, they are generally always pleased.

Some cruisers have reported not caring for the aft staterooms with an overhang, or perhaps somewhat obstructed view. 

I often choose as midship as possible, or near elevators/stairs. On a transatlantic on another cruise line, I had purposely chosen an Oceanview low deck, as midship as I could get. We were upgraded to a veranda, very far forward, about three decks higher. Plus, it was a cruise that had very rough seas. We tolerated it fine, but it reminded me that I used to put the PLEASE DO NOT MOVE STATEROOM ASSIGNMENT note in my record. Still, we actually did enjoy the veranda as well as the long walk.

I haven’t added that note to any more bookings. Considered doing it when our somewhat handicapped son is traveling in a separate (nearby) stateroom, but have decided it’s fine. We’ll book what is best for us at time of booking, and leave any changes to chance.

12 hours ago, Mike07 said:

In our opinion yes.

We don't want a forward cabin of any category.  We like our mid-ship cabin and book early to have the selection.

We booked late for one cruise and there was only a forward cabin available and because the ship had empty cabins after embarkation Viking reluctantly allowed us to move two or three days in.

The seas were rough and the motion and the noise in this deck 3 forward cabin was something that we could not tolerate.

8 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

In our opinion yes.

We don't want a forward cabin of any category.  We like our mid-ship cabin and book early to have the selection.

We booked late for one cruise and there was only a forward cabin available and because the ship had empty cabins after embarkation Viking reluctantly allowed us to move two or three days in.

The seas were rough and the motion and the noise in this deck 3 forward cabin was something that we could not tolerate.

Really glad that it worked out for you to move cabins on this cruise.  I'm wondering why Viking would have been reluctant to do that, since cabins were readily available?

2 hours ago, aungrl said:

Really glad that it worked out for you to move cabins on this cruise.  I'm wondering why Viking would have been reluctant to do that, since cabins were readily available?

Yes - we wonder too... it was quite a struggle and it was clear that the ship was not sold out.  They just really did not seem to want to move us.

Maybe to balance the staff work area. Similar to seating n a restaurant to balance server responsibilities.

Is there such a thing on a ship as balancing the weight as in an airplane? Seems not but I know not.

1 hour ago, tarhoosier said:

Maybe to balance the staff work area. Similar to seating n a restaurant to balance server responsibilities.

Is there such a thing on a ship as balancing the weight as in an airplane? Seems not but I know not.

I think your first comment is likely the reason. But I also have no real knowledge.