Nova restaurant reservations

casmum

Posted (edited)

In just under a couple of months we will be on the Nova. Since earlier this year I have been trying to make a reservation for either KAISEKI or SILVER NOTE  The website shows availability but when I go to reserve I get a message which says ERROR - the activity has reached it's maximum capacity      I have tried various days and on each day tried each time option but no luck. Has anyone had this issue and then found they were able to make a reservation once onboard.                                                                                                                                                                                                        We have cruised with SS before and never had such a challenge so long in advance of departure.                                                                                    

Edited by casmum

We are sailing on Silver Ray soon, I have been trying to get a reservation at silver Note and been getting the same error message as you.

However I checked again this morning and it let me making a booking for the waitlist. So my only suggestion is to keep trying, feeling positive now we are on the waitlist.

Fingers crossed for you!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, casmum said:

In just under a couple of months we will be on the Nova. Since earlier this year I have been trying to make a reservation for either KAISEKI or SILVER NOTE  The website shows availability but when I go to reserve I get a message which says ERROR - the activity has reached it's maximum capacity      I have tried various days and on each day tried each time option but no luck. Has anyone had this issue and then found they were able to make a reservation once onboard.                                                                                                                                                                                                        We have cruised with SS before and never had such a challenge so long in advance of departure.                                                                                    

1st time SS cruiser and I had no problems making my reservations for Silver Note and any restaurants for my upcoming Nova cruise in September.

Main thing is to find out what time is restaurant reservations open and I got that information from Silversea Customer Service.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, agape01 said:

1st time SS cruiser and I had no problems making my reservations for Silver Note and any restaurants for my upcoming Nova cruise in September.

Main thing is to find out what time is restaurant reservations open and I got that information from Silversea Customer Service.

The "Specialty Dining Reservations" date is on your confirmation on the itinerary page; mine is August 6 for December 4 Ray cruise.

2 minutes ago, Mahogany said:

The "Specialty Dining Reservations" date is on your confirmation on the itinerary page; mine is August 6 for December 4 Ray cruise.

A few weeks before August 6, I would contact your TA and ask SilverSea what time on August 6 you are able to start making your reservations. 

For me, I was put through the wringer to get that information through silversea customer service. For my sailing, my reservation date was on 15th May and the time opened for reservations was on the 14th at 8pm EST.

I don't know whether would it work for you but you could try August 5th 8pm EST to see whether the same thing would work for you.

50 minutes ago, agape01 said:

A few weeks before August 6, I would contact your TA and ask SilverSea what time on August 6 you are able to start making your reservations. 

For me, I was put through the wringer to get that information through silversea customer service. For my sailing, my reservation date was on 15th May and the time opened for reservations was on the 14th at 8pm EST.

I don't know whether would it work for you but you could try August 5th 8pm EST to see whether the same thing would work for you.

I believe the time is midnight GMT. Use timeanddate.com (or any other converter) to get the time in your time zone.

• 2 weeks later...

Does VS level make a difference as to when you can start booking reservations?  It is our first cruise, but we will have matching status from Celebrity.

@NanaChar no. One of the things we like about Silversea is that there is no "class system" onboard. Everyone is treated equally, no matter what size suite you have booked and no matter how many VS days you have. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, alithecat said:

@NanaChar no. One of the things we like about Silversea is that there is no "class system" onboard. Everyone is treated equally, no matter what size suite you have booked and no matter how many VS days you have. 

Strange, when I had no status, I would like this no "class system" onboard.  Now that I will have status, I'm not as thrilled. 😀

5 hours ago, NanaChar said:

Strange, when I had no status, I would like this no "class system" onboard.  Now that I will have status, I'm not as thrilled. 😀

You do not have status. You have privileges / benefits.

The good news for me who has no privileges is that the laundry rooms on the Dawn will be suddenly less busy, with all the people who now have laundry included. Especially since I’m on deck 4 which doesn’t have its own machines. 

I board in 3 days!

• Like 6

21 hours ago, gnome12 said:

The good news for me who has no privileges is that the laundry rooms on the Dawn will be suddenly less busy, with all the people who now have laundry included. Especially since I’m on deck 4 which doesn’t have its own machines. 

I board in 3 days!

Enjoy.  Post your experience.  What lines have you cruised before?

On 6/11/2024 at 2:12 PM, GrumpySushiBear said:

You have free laundry at the 100 day tier ... so I guess you can walk by the laundry area and look down on peasants like me doing my own laundry? 🙂 

https://www.silversea.com/other-resources/venetian-society.html

I wouldn’t mind being a “peasant” doing laundry than being on many of the other cruise lines.

2 hours ago, NanaChar said:

Enjoy.  Post your experience.  What lines have you cruised before?

I’ve only done one ocean cruise before, with Voyages to Antiquity (now defunct). I have river cruised with Uniworld, AMA, and Avalon.