Virgin voyages cruise booked. Goodbye celebrity

DarrenM

1 hour ago, jon81uk said:

having down two transatlantics it’s not that bad. Generally you’d eat at the main six restaurants twice and the menus are extensive enough that you can have a different starter main and dessert each time or in the case of Test Kitchen need to ensure you get the other menu. Then The Galley food court has lunch and dinner specials each day even if the core menu doesn’t change. Plus you’ve got pizza specials. Breakfast is the main one that feels repetitive!

My wife and I did a repositioning last year and I would agree.  With the 15 night cruise we ate at each restaurant twice, plus a 3rd visit to two of them.  Aside from at Gunbae, we never ate the same thing twice.  I also didn't eat the same thing twice on the days when we ate lunch in The Galley.

We have a 12 night coming up later this year and a TA next year and we're looking forward to both.

• Like 3

On 6/28/2024 at 5:14 PM, jon81uk said:

having down two transatlantics it’s not that bad. Generally you’d eat at the main six restaurants twice and the menus are extensive enough that you can have a different starter main and dessert each time or in the case of Test Kitchen need to ensure you get the other menu. Then The Galley food court has lunch and dinner specials each day even if the core menu doesn’t change. Plus you’ve got pizza specials. Breakfast is the main one that feels repetitive!

and with breakfast, I love a repetitive breakfast. Eggs benedict's daily please.

Like you say though, with 6 restaurants and the test kitchen, if you go twice each, that surely cant be boring?

• Like 1

Thanks for all the comments. 

Looking forward to it.

There seems to be plenty of bars and that'll do me.

My wife and I like to have a few drinks very early, a few could be half a dozen, and eat around 6pm, then a few more drinks, then bed to sleep it off, then a run the following morning. We will probably do 8 5k runs on the ship in 11 days.

I wont get involved in any forced fun activities and wont be going to any late night parties.

But we will try and drink their cocktails dry. And eat as much food as possible.

As long as there are outdoor spaces to relax during the day, not even that bothered about excursions.

And their shows dont bother me either. I am not one for song and dance shows anyway, and hate west end type reviews.

So feed me, give me bars, sunshine, and a decent bed, and I will be happy.

• Like 1