Piraeus port to Athens Airport for a 9:50 a.m. flight to Kos, Greece

giadav

Our cruise on Celebrity ends on Saturday 7/20/24.  We are going to Kos, Greece and our choices for flights were 9:50am and 4:20pm.  Is it possible to book the morning flight?  We will have baggage to check at the airport, and willing to take a bit of a chance.  Does anyone have any insight?  Also a suggestion for transportation from the port to the airport.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, giadav said:

Our cruise on Celebrity ends on Saturday 7/20/24.  We are going to Kos, Greece and our choices for flights were 9:50am and 4:20pm.  Is it possible to book the morning flight?  We will have baggage to check at the airport, and willing to take a bit of a chance.  Does anyone have any insight?  Also a suggestion for transportation from the port to the airport.

Work the timing backwards:

1. You need to be at the airport by 8 am.  Domestic flights are easy, but many times you do not board at the gate, instead you are bussed to the tarmac to get on the plane, so you need to be at the gate with enough time.  (Only very small carry-ons are allowed on board.)

2. You must leave the pier by 7-7:15. Book a transfer, for example georgestaxi.com. Don't rely on finding a taxi.

3. You must be able to disembark and be on the pier by 7. At what time do you dock? At what time will you be able to disembark? ASK Celebrity.

Edited by marazul

Thank you Marazul.  I think it’s doable but could add a bit of stress.  I have a ticket for the later flight.  We may just head to the airport like we are going on the 9:50 flight, and if we make it and there is room, change our ticket. 🫢

• Like 1

I wouldn't even consider this. I don't know any cruises that disembark that early. I've been cruising since 1983. Plan on the later flight.