Welcome Suica on Klook

shonadamson

I bought a welcome Suica card on Klook for everyone going on our trip to Tokyo. It says that you need to pick it up at Ninja wifi. All that is fine, but I have read also that you need to tap in at a jr station to activate it

We are riding a transfer from the airport so we are not using transportation until after we get to central Tokyo. Does anyone know if I can do this at any jr rail station and what exactly do you need to do? Thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, shonadamson said:

I bought a welcome Suica card on Klook for everyone going on our trip to Tokyo. It says that you need to pick it up at Ninja wifi. All that is fine, but I have read also that you need to tap in at a jr station to activate it

We are riding a transfer from the airport so we are not using transportation until after we get to central Tokyo. Does anyone know if I can do this at any jr rail station and what exactly do you need to do? Thanks in advance.

How to activate Suica Welcome card:
1. Simply tap your card onto the automatic ticket gate.
2. Activate the card at a ticket vending machine or a multifunction ticket vending machine.
3. If you have any difficulty with the process, tell a ticket gate staff member you'd like to activate your pass.

/https://www.jreast.co.jp/e/downloads/pdf/welcomesuica_e.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2024 at 6:57 PM, shonadamson said:

Assuming you're taking the airport limo bus, you can definitely activate at any JR station in Tokyo, so that shouldn't be an issue. 

That said, instead of getting a Welcome Suica, I'd recommend using a digital Suica card. At least on Apple, you can just create and add a Suica card directly in your wallet now, without having to use a physical card anymore. It's active immediately, and you can top off on your phone (not at a JR ticket machine).