Hotel recommendations near Pier 27 in San Fran

Anyone have any hotel recommendations near Pier 27 in San Fran? Or would you stay by the SFO Airport for a one day arrival before embarkation day?

I’m planning to stay out near SFO the night before my cruise from San Francisco.  To me it seemed simpler to stay near SFO and then return to the airport in the morning and take the Princess shuttle to the ship.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

I’m planning to stay out near SFO the night before my cruise from San Francisco.  To me it seemed simpler to stay near SFO and then return to the airport in the morning and take the Princess shuttle to the ship.

Oh you're doing the shuttle. Which makes perfect sense. I have not looked or inquired yet but how much is the shuttle from Princess from the airport to the Pier?

Edited by Jeter02

32 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

I haven’t booked the shuttle to the pier yet, but from what I can tell the cost is $39.95.

Ah ok. When I went to look at Uber from the airport down to the pier it was looking at about roughly $36 and change. And I know for myself I like the convenience of coming and going at my own free will and a quiet setting without a group of people. But was considering the shuttle if it was priced well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

Ah ok. When I went to look at Uber from the airport down to the pier it was looking at about roughly $36 and change. And I know for myself I like the convenience of coming and going at my own free will and a quiet setting without a group of people. But was considering the shuttle if it was priced well. 

That sounds like a good alternative, which I will definitely consider. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

That sounds like a good alternative, which I will definitely consider. 

I actually just booked the Westin at SFO which was a lot cheaper and a really good rate compared to most places especially down by the pier which I learned very quickly is very expensive.

Not a chance I'd ever stay by the airport before a cruise, nor use the Princess shuttle.

Look at hotels by the Embarcadero and in Union Square. SF is a very small city, cabs and Ubers are plentiful and inexpensive.

• Like 2

On 6/2/2024 at 4:32 PM, KeepCalmBearOn said:

Not a chance I'd ever stay by the airport before a cruise, nor use the Princess shuttle.

Look at hotels by the Embarcadero and in Union Square. SF is a very small city, cabs and Ubers are plentiful and inexpensive.

I agree.  The area around the airport is not worth the price you'll pay.  Head into the city and use Uber or public transport to get to the port.  

Near the Embarcadero I've stayed at the Hyatt Regency which is huge but convenient and very nice. It is very close to BART and walkable to Union Square. If you're there on a Saturday, the Embarcadero has an amazing farmer's market. 

Near Fisherman's Warf, I have stayed at The Argonaut and The Warf Inn.  Both very good with The Argonaut being the nicer of the two.  The location of The Warf Inn was perfect for exploring Pier 39.  It was very affordable and surprisingly quiet. 

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Golden Gate on VanNess and was pleasantly surprised.  It was very affordable but not walkable to the touristy areas of the Warf or Embarcadero.  There was a delicious Thai restaurant around the corner on Polk St. that was amazing.  And a very popular donut shop also on Polk.

Union Square Area, I have stayed at the Beresford Arms Hotel. It's a smaller boutique hotel.  It was lovely.  I worked at a restaurant next to the Kensington Palace hotel on Post St. which is very nice.  I've never actually stayed there but it is super convenient for walking around.  There are others but I can't remember them all. 

For a really cheap stay,  when we drive down for Giant's baseball games we stay at the Pacific Heights Inn on Union Street.  It has a nice safe parking area and it's crazy affordable.  It is your basic motor lodge type hotel.   

21 hours ago, Kingsmom said:

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Golden Gate on VanNess and was pleasantly surprised.  It was very affordable but not walkable to the touristy areas of the Warf or Embarcadero.  There was a delicious Thai restaurant around the corner on Polk St. that was amazing.  And a very popular donut shop also on Polk.

Always in the top 3 donut shops in the city: Bob's Donuts. Open 24/7, line is sometimes 6-8 deep after last call (2am); everyone needing carbs and coffee before going home.

• Like 1

We stayed at a place called "Hotel Zoe". Walking distance to peir (we took an Uber). Walking distance to Wharf, Ghirardelli Sq,etc. Hotel was very nice but rooms were really small.

• Like 1

That was one of my top contenders along with the Kimpton 

15 minutes ago, J13C85 said:

We stayed at a place called "Hotel Zoe". Walking distance to peir (we took an Uber). Walking distance to Wharf, Ghirardelli Sq,etc. Hotel was very nice but rooms were really small.