Moderately priced hotels near British Museum.

1 minute ago, Harters said:

The suggestion to look at Trivago (or my preferred booking.com) is a good one. It will give you actual comparisons so you can form your own view about what's available and at what sort of cost.  You're going to get better info than relying on the relatively limited information that contributors like me can offer. 

I had no problems with that part of answer. The “Backassward” was not necessary when I meant what I was saying. Thank you your comments.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fruitmachine said:

As others have said, prices are hugely fluid.  £156 might be cheap one day, but another you wouldn't want to stay in a place that was charging twice that.  The only way to get a feel for prices is to do a search on Google Maps, Trivago, Booking.com or any other of the multitude of comparison sites out there for the specific dates you want and look at the range of hotels and prices, picking out a brand or two that you recognise or which has been talked about already.

I've just checked a hotel that my son - who works most weeks in central London - stays in.  It has no windows, but he likes it because that makes it incredibly quiet and he always gets a good night's sleep.  It's at the lower end of the price spectrum.  On one day next week, it's more than treble the price of another.  Most days it's over £150.

Thanks for this extensive explanation. 

1 hour ago, cruisetilidrop said:

I had no problems with that part of answer. The “Backassward” was not necessary when I meant what I was saying. Thank you your comments.

I didn't say that.

It's probably cheaper to have a hotel a little further away and just pay a metro ticket (most places are about 30 minutes subway ride away) - Russel Square is the station you'll have to look for...

I've so far only stayed either near Victoria Station or near Paddington to save money.

• Thanks 1

I just got back from spending 5 nights in London where I met a friend. We stayed in two different hotels directly across from the British Museum but in opposite sides from each other. She stayed at the Morgan Hotel and I stayed at Montegue on the Garden. I picked a random night in October for comparison purposes. The Morgan hotel was 180 GBP and the Montague was 267 GBP. The two hotels are very different.  Although her hotel rate included breakfast she wasn’t a fan and we ended meeting every morning at Pret A Manger for breakfast. 

Worth checking out both just to understand what you can get for different price points and to see what matters to you.

• Thanks 1