Has This Happened to You in Dining Room?

JWMom

LeeAnne, how do you quote two different posts like you did in this post? Off topic, but I think we've beaten this poor dead horse enough, and I think you do, too. So I'm looking for help here. Thanks!

I couldn't agree more! And I'm happy to help. You'll be surprised how easy it is (and you may bop yourself in the forehead and say, "of course!" when I tell you!).

All I do is go to the first post and hit quote, then copy and paste the contents. Then I go to the second post and hit quote, then paste in the quote from the first post in there wherever I want it. Get it?

On the rare occasion when I've wanted to quote multiple posts in one post, I'll open up another browser and go to the thread and open up my reply window. Then in the other browser I search for the various posts I want to quote, then hit quote and then copy/paste into my reply window in the other browser.

And thus ends tonight's technical lesson on quoting! :D

LeeAnne

I couldn't agree more! And I'm happy to help. You'll be surprised how easy it is (and you may bop yourself in the forehead and say, "of course!" when I tell you!).

LeeAnne

You're right, makes perfect sense, now if I can just do it! LOL. I quit bopping myself in the forehead, people started gawking at the bruising:D. Thanks for the help! Now if I can just find my portable DVD player, no wait, I'll just bring my wife's PSP and movie dock. Woo hoo, think "Evil Dead" at dinner would bother anyone (lighten up folks, I'm laughing, see my previous posts)?

On a funny note, on our way home from an all inclusive on Grand Bahama, we watched "Demolition Man" on my lap top while sitting in the airport, before it was over with, there were about 15 people sitting behind us looking over our shoulders watching the movie. One guy said I should have charged admission.

You're right, makes perfect sense, now if I can just do it! LOL. I quit bopping myself in the forehead, people started gawking at the bruising:D. Thanks for the help! Now if I can just find my portable DVD player, no wait, I'll just bring my wife's PSP and movie dock. Woo hoo, think "Evil Dead" at dinner would bother anyone (lighten up folks, I'm laughing, see my previous posts)?

On a funny note, on our way home from an all inclusive on Grand Bahama, we watched "Demolition Man" on my lap top while sitting in the airport, before it was over with, there were about 15 people sitting behind us looking over our shoulders watching the movie. One guy said I should have charged admission.

Well, if I'd played any of the videos on MY last cruise, I COULD have charged admission...and I woulda made a fortune! LOL! (Lets just say...what happens in the Med, STAYS in the Med...) :D

LeeAnne

Well, if I'd played any of the videos on MY last cruise, I COULD have charged admission...and I woulda made a fortune! LOL! (Lets just say...what happens in the Med, STAYS in the Med...) :D

LeeAnne

Hmmmm, we used to refer to "those" kinds of videos as "training aids". :cool:

From previous posts:

Sorry, but it all sounds a bit judgemental of the other parents to me. But I will say that you were by no means the MOST judgemental poster in this thread, that's for sure!

I am glad it didn't ruin your cruise. I just wonder what purpose was served by even bringing it up. Did you really want to know if this "happens a lot"? Or did you just want to hear others agree with you that it was tacky and inappropriate?

Anyway, sometimes it IS best to just let things go. I hope that this thread has served to open up a few minds that sometimes things are not always as it seems, and it can be emotionally healthier to look at others with compassion and empathy.

LeeAnne

LeeAnne

What is wrong of being judgemental? Seriously, we all make judgements of other people all of the time. Sometimes they are subjective and sometimes they are objective. Our ability to make judgements is what separates us from animals. It is wrong socially to make a judgement to another person public in a public place that could humiliate the person, however, if you are walking on the streets in Vegas and a woman approaches you wearing fishnet nylons 8 inch pumps and the clothing of the worlds oldest profession would you be incorrect to make the judgement that she is in fact a prostitute? She might not be, but really if you walk the other direction you are showing good judgement. A parent that allows a child to be a disturbance (a DVD player without a headset is definitionally disturbing in the formal dining room) is displaying poor judgement.

I really think that so many here wear their feelings on their sleeves and can't wait to be offended and then to trumpet their outrage in this forum. The OP had a legitimate point. You have a legitimate point. There is no reason to view this thread as an attack on all parents, unless you have some guilt complex that you feel the need to whack everyone in the forum with. Of course, you are the most vocal, but not the worst offender. At least you have made a strong case for your side of the discussion. JMHO

jc

While I personally would not let my child bring a DVD to dinner, I don't see the big deal. When our son was younger we would occasionally let him bring his Gameboy to some places where we knew there would be a long wait. I would much rather the child watch a DVD then causing a ruckus. Also, perhaps the child did have an earlier dinner and was allowed to watch a movie before bedtime as part of her routine. Perhaps the parents didn't want a stranger babysitting her alone in the room (I would not want this) and felt she would be more comfortably supervised in the dining room.

Archived