Live from Virtuosa June 2024

Eglesbrech

10 minutes ago, Ryan82 said:

We've skipped virtuosa lounge. Always busy and way too small for what its used for.

Totally agree with that for a ship of this size.

• Like 4

Thanks for the comprehensive updates. Loved following this, made a strange experience being on the same cruise.  Safe journey home.

• Thanks 1

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your review, detailed yet to the point without unnecessary fluff! I have this cruise booked for early October 2026, so a long way out, but looking forward to it.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ryan82 said:

Thanks for the comprehensive updates. Loved following this, made a strange experience being on the same cruise.  Safe journey home.

Safe home to you too.

Been reading through your post with interest, as we are considering this ship for Norwegian Fjords in August.

I am concerned about how busy it might be. Is there usually someone outside to grab a sunbed, maybe away from the pool, or do they all get taken early? 
In the evening is it possible to get a seat in a bar, maybe with some live music? 

• Thanks 1

We are on Virtuosa next week so have been reading along. After being on Seascape in Feb (our first MSC cruise) I had no concerns about Virtuosa but having watched several You tube videos I cant believe how busy and chaotic it looks compared to Seascape was. 

2 hours ago, debsjc said:

I am concerned about how busy it might be. Is there usually someone outside to grab a sunbed, maybe away from the pool, or do they all get taken early? 
In the evening is it possible to get a seat in a bar, maybe with some live music? 

We did a cruise to Norway on the Virtuosa last September. The ship was full and the bars were busy, especially in the evenings, but we found if we waited around for 5 minutes a seat usually became available. The weather was good but not really pool weather so no problem getting a sunbed on our cruise, August would probably be a different story.

This was our only MSC cruise outside of YC and we missed the option of retreating to peace and quiet but we still enjoyed it.

• Like 1

@Eglesbrech Thank you for your posts.  We have just booked the Barbados to Southampton in April 2025 and it will be our first MSC cruise!  I am wondering if you could find out what bars show Premier League football (when the season will be in full swing April 2025!) or what the in-room TV channels currently are?  TIA 🙂

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, BajanCruiser109 said:

I am wondering if you could find out what bars show Premier League football (when the season will be in full swing April 2025!) 

Unsurprisingly it is the "Masters of the Sea" pub. You should be able to see all the matches, but be prepared that the big screen there is reserved for Serie A of cause 😉 

But on a cruise from Barbados to Southampton there is maybe room for discussion about this selection 😄  

26 minutes ago, perakcruiser said:

Unsurprisingly it is the "Masters of the Sea" pub. You should be able to see all the matches, but be prepared that the big screen there is reserved for Serie A of cause 😉 

But on a cruise from Barbados to Southampton there is maybe room for discussion about this selection 😄  

Thank you for this...hopefully with more than likely a more British influence it may happen 🙂

On 6/19/2024 at 10:15 AM, debsjc said:

Been reading through your post with interest, as we are considering this ship for Norwegian Fjords in August.

You can get beds outside and seats at the bar if you time it correctly.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2024 at 11:11 AM, mcoler181 said:

We are on Virtuosa next week so have been reading along. After being on Seascape in Feb (our first MSC cruise) I had no concerns about Virtuosa but having watched several You tube videos I cant believe how busy and chaotic it looks compared to Seascape was. 

Pick your times and it will be fine. Pick the popular times and yes, chaotic.

On 6/19/2024 at 1:55 PM, BajanCruiser109 said:

@Eglesbrech Thank you for your posts.  We have just booked the Barbados to Southampton in April 2025 and it will be our first MSC cruise!  I am wondering if you could find out what bars show Premier League football (when the season will be in full swing April 2025!) or what the in-room TV channels currently are?  TIA 🙂

Most games are on in the Masters of the Sea Pub.”Big matches” are on the large pool screen.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Pick your times and it will be fine. Pick the popular times and yes, chaotic.

Yeah we found that on Seascape and avoided the busy times in buffet etc, just from what I have seen it looks a lot busier for some reason. 

On 6/19/2024 at 3:23 PM, perakcruiser said:

2 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Most games are on in the Masters of the Sea Pub.”Big matches” are on the large pool screen.

I am sailing this week with MSC.

Eurocup2024 is on fire nowadays.

Next monday there are two matches at the same time

Italy - Croatia  and   Spain - Albania

I guess which match will be on the big screen and in the pool screen!!!

2 hours ago, perakcruiser said:

Watching Italy v Spain now on World Europa would be great fun I guess 🙂 

After today's results it is absolutely clear match Italy - Croatia will be in all screens and, maybe, in some corner, Albania - Spain which will be at the same time.

Never mind next match, Spain will head the group as first, so Italy and Croatia will fight for a second or third place (a tie is enough for Italy).

Being Italian company.... it is clear which match we will have