Summit Itinerary Change for Hawaii

cruzin princess

You didn't say when you would be sailing but perhaps it has something to do with all the flooding Kauai has had recently with earthen dams breaking, etc. Maybe they're thinking it might not be safe to dock and have people on the island :confused:

Does anyone know why the Itinerary has been changed for this cruise. Instead of going to Kauai now for the day we are cruising the Napali Coast of Kauai. This is a real bummer as Kauai is such a gorgeous place.

What cruise date do you have on Summt ??

We are on 4/9/06

Pema

We are going in Dec. Our TA called..there has been a berthing problem and Celebrity and another cruise line (which one I am not sure) is not able to berth at the dock so they have changed the stop on their itenerary.

I am no sure why they can not tender but she told me that it has been changed for all cruises.

I am bummed too as we were looking forward to the fern grotto...oh well..a day of cruising is better then a day of work!

Desiree

we are going in October and it is not only the fact that we lost Kauai. The entire itinerary has been changed around. Now we will only be in Hilo until 3pm. The itinerary has not changed for this month or April only from September on. At least your TA called and notified you, I haven't heard a thing from mine. I only stumbled across it myself while viewing the shore excursions.

My husband and I are booked on the April 9th, Hawaii cruise. I have been reading about the terrible flooding on certain islands. Does anyone know it this itinerary has changed or will change? Did this effect the last sailing to Hawaii?

I just got off the Summit 3/12 RT to Hawaii and we went to Kauai and had a fantastic time! They told us we brought the sunshine with us. There was a lot of flooding on the island but since husband and I did the Napali Coast on a Zodiac raft we did not actually get into the heart of the island. Sorry, could not be more help but it was a beautiful trip. Good luck I hope they at least let you know why.:confused:

We just got off the Summit yesterday, and we did stop in Kauai. I think most of the tours were cancelled due to so many road closures. They strongly advised anyone who had scheduled to rent a car to cancel, as they were worried you could drive to a place and then roads close behind you and you'd be stuck.

It was very pretty scenery as we were docking and leaving, but really, there wasn't much to see or do once we were docked as most tours had been cancelled. They were running shuttles to Hilo Hatties and such....

No matter, we still had a great time.

We have also just returned from the Summit 3/12 RT Hawaii, and although we did not get to explore much of Kauaii due to the road closures, we had an AWESOME time anyway. We have brought back many memories that will keep us " Happy Happy" for a long time. Mahalo Hawaii !

The Donnellys

I doubt it is to do with the floods as the changes also impact on the Autumn 2006/Spring 2007 sailings. Unlike others, I cannot look for another option as our flights from the UK and hotels at either end of the booking are confirmed and the flight element costing nearly $4000 for us cannot be changed other than for an insurable reason which this is not. So, it is a very long way to come for 4 ports and not quite what we planned. HOWEVER I am not going to dwell on this; I hope the cruising day is a bit like the Inside Passage which was one of the loveliest days I ever spent and we will focus on having a good trip. At least our on shore excursion budget stretches further and we are sure going to pile into the good trips now. Oh and I think we can now enjoy evening entertainment on Maui though a previous note we had from X when port times were changed slightly indicated the time had ben brought forward as all ships have to leave by sunset. Maybe that is not now true :confused:

CruzinPrincess--contact your TA if you don't hear soon. The changed Itinerary comes with an apology from X and a $50 per stateroom onboard credit according to our TA.

Marianne and Norm,

Wow! Are you going to save your credit for our suite get-together? :rolleyes:

The we can get 2 trays of goodies!

Desiree

Geez this is getting more complicated everyday.

I just got off the phone with my TA; she has heard nothing from Celebrity so she called the. They faxed her the itinerary for the 10-14 cruise and it is exactly as it was. Now if you go on their website, it shows Maui first, cruising Kauai and so on. However, if you use your booking number and go in through shore excursions, it is totally different again.

Who really knows for sure what the heck is going on?

I think I will try calling captains club ans see what they have to say!

Will keep you informed as to what they say

Deserii--Nah. Now we plan to horn in on your "in room dining experience" and bring the wine.:D

CruzinPrincess--our TA mailed us a copy of the fax they recieved and it lists all the cruises that our affected. These include the 9/30, 10/14 and 10/28 sailings. It was signed by Dondra Ritzenthaler (V.P. of sales).

Let us know if you find out anything interesting.

we have been told the credit is not offered to UK passengers - why I wonder as we booked on board in Sept last year :) and only transferred the booking to a UK agent for simplicity

glenneagle--maybe she plans to take care of it for you as soon as final payment is made.

Now, onto the really important stuff!!! Have you signed up for the Celebrity connections get together?:) If we get enough for a party then Deserii gets off the hook for a suite party.:D However, I think we will still hold her to it--but she seems to expect us to use our $50 to buy a party tray.:rolleyes:

glenneagle--maybe she plans to take care of it for you as soon as final payment is made.

Now, onto the really important stuff!!! Have you signed up for the Celebrity connections get together?:) If we get enough for a party then Deserii gets off the hook for a suite party.:D However, I think we will still hold her to it--but she seems to expect us to use our $50 to buy a party tray.:rolleyes:

That's only because I found out that you now have $50.00 to spend! :D

Actually..I do hope that we get enough people to do the Celebrity party. I still think that danishes and coffee/tea would be nice to get together for. Now..if we could just get upgraded to the PH! The balcony is bigger then my room! :eek:

Desiree

we will sign up as soon as we get a booking no as our ta only provides an invoice no

there are 5 of us.we sailed on constallation in feb and had 27 people sign up but no one except my husband and i showed up for the party.looking forward to meeting every one.

we will sign up as soon as we get a booking no as our ta only provides an invoice no

there are 5 of us.we sailed on constallation in feb and had 27 people sign up but no one except my husband and i showed up for the party.looking forward to meeting every one.

Here is the info my TA sent to me.

It applies to the 9/30, 10/14, 10/28, 12/09, 12/23. 3/03/07, 3/17/07, 10/22/06.

Old itinerary (after sea days):

Hilo 10-6

Kailua Kona 7-6

Nawiliwili (Kauai) 7-5

Honolulu 7am-11pm

Lahaina (Maui) 7-3

New itinerary:

Hilo 7-6

Honolulu 7am-11pm

Lahaina 7am-11pm

Napali Coast cruising

Kailua Kona 7-2

So, as you can see, the ports and times are all switched around.

Archived