Tell me about Carnival transatlantics, esp. on Valor

Next year, the Valor June TA from Barcelona to New Orleans is great tim8ng and itinerary for us. But we've only done 1 cruise, in the Mediterranean with Celebrity. On a TA, obviously you need decent food and some things you'd want to do. What's the music like? Would there be classes?  We're pretty quiet people snd mostly entertain oyrselves, but 2 weeks is a long time! We'll be returning from 6 weeks in Spain snd France and welcome some down time - but comfortable downtime

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We are also considering this cruise and have some of the same questions. We are a seasoned cruise couple. But mostly 7-10 days throughout the Caribbean and Bermuda. 
We are in our early 60s. We typically enjoy the sun, beverages and entertainment. We’re wondering about the Valor and what a TA cruise will offer. 
Replies are appreciated!

Jim & Jackie

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Jim and Jackie. Fortunately there's already a group for this cruise on the social medisite rhat can't be named. Seems like rhere will be a number of teachers on this one. But i still have no clue about what kind of activites!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

My husband and I are taking the Barcelona, Spain to New Orleans cruise June 11, 2025 on Carnival Valor.  We are in our late 70's.  We are from Central Texas and this will be our first cruise from another country to the US.  We have made several cruises but, usually travel out of Galveston, Texas or New Orleans, Louisiana and come back to same port.  A little apprehensive to fly into Barcelona and get to our hotel.  We will be there 2 days early to see the sights.  And, again apprehension, to get to Port from the hotel to get on the ship.  Luckily, the hotel is able to offer sightseeing opportunities.  We have never been disappointed in what Carnival has to offer - food, entertainment, activities, sightseeing...  Joey Hernandez, our Carnival Personal Vacation Planner, is extremely helpful in answering any question we have.  The forum was suggested by a friend to be able to meet cruisers and have a connection when on board the ship.  Not having to wait for days to meet people.  🙂  So, here we are. 

We were on the Carnival Glory (sister ship to Valor), TA this spring. We flew to Barcelona twice this year. No issues, but I can understand a little apprehension. We used Welcome Pickups to get from the airport to the hotels and again to the port.