Question for VV sailors - re: bed height

We sailed on the Scarlet Lady back in February of this year - by far our favorite cruise (even though it was a last minute decision).

Our only issue was the bed height.  We were in a handicapped accessible cabin and the beds were very low.  My travel companion was having a very hard time getting up from the bed.

We did request an additional mattress for her bed and we were told for safety issues they couldn't do that.  What she ended up doing was taking the king size comforter for the bed and folding it up to fit the single bed.  That helped quite a bit but still wasn't ideal.

My question is this - we would love to book again, but this is an issue.  Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how did you deal with it?  We thought about some kind of inflatable mattress or something similar.

I've looked at extenders to put under the legs, but because of the design of the bed frame, I'm afraid these would not be a good option.

Thanks!

I agree that the beds in the accessible cabins are lower than ours at home.  I have the exact measurement if I go searching for it.  If a couple inches will make a difference, you can put a foam mattress topper on your bed....they start as low as $17 on Amazon.  Depending on your investment, that can give you 2-3 inches.  They come vacuum packed so are easy to bring on board.  At the end of the cruise, you can either take a vacuum pack bag to carry it home or donate it to your room host.  But that's only good for about 3". You can rent a device that puts a hanging bar over the bed (medical supply companies have these) so she can use that to help her get up, or get a 4 pronged cane to use to get up...or a rollator/walker next to the bed.

12 hours ago, cruisinagain1960 said:

The problem with the suites, as I understand it, the beds cant be separated.  If they could that could possibly be an option.

This is correct.

15 hours ago, cruisinagain1960 said:

The problem with the suites, as I understand it, the beds cant be separated.  If they could that could possibly be an option.

There are some suites that will sleep 3 since they have a sofa bed.