RCCL Sunset Sailing at the Caldera Excursion in Santorini

Hi! My husband and I seasoned cruisers, but are new to Royal Caribbean. We are going on a Greek Isles cruise next July (Odyssey of the Seas) and are interested in the excursion for the Sunset Sailing at the Caldera. It sounds wonderful, but I cannot find any reviews about it. I would love some feedback from anyone who has done this excursion or knows anyone who has done it. Thanks 🙂

Posted (edited)

You can do a sunset sail almost anywhere. At Santorini watching the sunset from the town on the cliffs overlooking the caldera was spectacular and a highlight of our cruise. If it were me, I’d find a nice restaurant or other nice location in town to watch the sunset. 
image.thumb.jpeg.7241c5d9b303f05e6c09b8190591c182.jpeg

Edited by drjohn4

Watching the sunset is the highlight of the day in Santorini.  People flock to Oia and it ends up being shoulder to shoulder since Oia is the prime viewing spot.  The boats in Santorini offer the sunset cruises where they all set up below Oia to watch without the crowd.  We spent a week in Oia and watched every night from our room on the side of the hill.

On 6/7/2024 at 4:04 PM, GracieLou222 said:

It sounds wonderful, but I cannot find any reviews about it.

Welcome to CC.

Do a search outside of RCI with vendors which provide the same excursion.

We were in Santorini last year (on Explorer). It is a wonderful place to explore and see all you can see in a day! We weren't able to watch the sunset due to our ship sailaway time (i think it was 8 pm, which means we had to be on board before sunset) but we saw "dusk" from Fira and while riding down the tram.

I don't know about this excursion, but i would suggest that you search in the boards for Greece to find lots of people discussing what they did in Santorini, and reviews of both ship excursions and private companies that can offer different options. Also, look at joining your roll call for this cruise.