Speakers - are they listed in advance?

DaisyUK

22 minutes ago, DaisyUK said:

Does anyone know whether there is a way to find out which Speakers will be on specific cruises? 

Probably not in the way you mean. I doubt you could find out far enough in advance to make purchasing decisions. (But you could try.)

I've been able to find out who the likely speakers will be on a cruise I've already booked by contacting customer relations. The responses I've gotten have been pretty accurate, but they reserve the right to substitute speakers as needed.

• Thanks 1

No, I believe this question has been asked before many times. 

Ad-hock Speakers are not made known in advance the reason being they can often be replaced at very short notice for all sorts of reasons  . Ad-hock Speakers occasionally join a ship down route and often have to rely on Air transport or other means to get them to the ship.

'Celebrity Speakers' and entertainers are often made known in advance, however, only on the Themed Event cruises. Often these speakers will have embarked at home port and travel as guest  (for several days) before their onboard presentations.

I have two former colleague friends who are now Ad-hock speakers, they tell me they often could be telephoned late afternoon at very short notice to go down to Southampton or Heathrow to join a ship  replacing someone.  It's a very good GiG for their lady partners who they take along too , not having to worry what to cook for a week.   😅  

• Thanks 1