Brooklyn Cruise Terminal Hotel Recommendations

Hi all.  We are driving in from Western NY on Saturday for a Sunday departure out of Brooklyn on MSC in February.  We are planning to park at the port as we want to be on the road as quickly as possible for our drive home as we have to work bright and early Monday morning. 

Looking for recommendations for hotels within an hour drive to the Brooklyn Cruise terminal (red hook area I believe?).  We are looking for a place to sleep, that is all. So really just a clean hotel in a safe area that we can grab a bite to eat for dinner.  Also looking to stay around $200 or less. I may be living in a dream world, but I have faith in my fellow cruise critic cruisers.  Thanks in advance!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, chipperberg said:

Hi all.  We are driving in from Western NY on Saturday for a Sunday departure out of Brooklyn on MSC in February.  We are planning to park at the port as we want to be on the road as quickly as possible for our drive home as we have to work bright and early Monday morning. 

Looking for recommendations for hotels within an hour drive to the Brooklyn Cruise terminal (red hook area I believe?).  We are looking for a place to sleep, that is all. So really just a clean hotel in a safe area that we can grab a bite to eat for dinner.  Also looking to stay around $200 or less. I may be living in a dream world, but I have faith in my fellow cruise critic cruisers.  Thanks in advance!

Try looking on Staten Island at the Hampton Inn and Suites or the Hilton Garden Inn, which are adjacent to each other. Their prices before taxes may be within your budget, but no doubt will be over $200 after adding taxes.

A bit further from your cruise terminal but still within an hour's drive, are a cluster of hotels including a Hampton Inn, Courtyard by Marriott and Embassy Suites on International Blvd in Elizabeth NJ, near EWR and adjacent to the Mills at Jersey Gardens outlet mall. Not as "suburban" a location as the hotels on Staten Island, but perfectly OK for a night's stay.

Edited by njhorseman