First Time Cruise Queen Elizabeth

sammygreen

Posted (edited)

Hello, my wife and I have been reading through the posts which have been very helpful.

We have started planning for a 2026 Alaska cruise on QE, although the sailings are not yet displayed we have been using the Cunard website to see what options would be available for 2025, so we can get an ide aof cabin and prices etc.

We prefer the Balcony Club rooms and the Cunard website always defaults to offering us a room on level 8- not sure how good an option that is with no rooms directly above us.

We are now thinking of taking a cruise on QE from Sydney in December this year and cabin 8075 is available,  which seems to be one of the rooms with a larger balcony.

Does anyone have any views on 8075 or suggestions as to the best deck level for Balcony club?

I should add that we have never been on any cruise before - so it is all new to us

Thank you for any thoughts

Edited by sammygreen
spelling

3 hours ago, sammygreen said:

Hello, my wife and I have been reading through the posts which have been very helpful.

We have started planning for a 2026 Alaska cruise on QE, although the sailings are not yet displayed we have been using the Cunard website to see what options would be available for 2025, so we can get an ide aof cabin and prices etc.

We prefer the Balcony Club rooms and the Cunard website always defaults to offering us a room on level 8- not sure how good an option that is with no rooms directly above us.

We are now thinking of taking a cruise on QE from Sydney in December this year and cabin 8075 is available,  which seems to be one of the rooms with a larger balcony.

Does anyone have any views on 8075 or suggestions as to the best deck level for Balcony club?

I should add that we have never been on any cruise before - so it is all new to us

Thank you for any thoughts

Use a competent travel agent who knows about Cunard, if you can.

• Thanks 1

We have stayed in 8130 ( on the “bump” ) and 8128 (next door). Photos of both in my 2 reviews.

The extra balcony space was nice, and the extra cabin space a good spot for dumping belongings. It did feel more private. But you can’t see the sea lying in bed, which I missed.

it is slightly overlooked by 8130 but only if the occupants make a point of doing so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, sammygreen said:

That's a really good balcony for Alaska, it's not just the extra space there, it's a much better view. Think about stepping to the furthest part of that balcony, and looking around: you will have a much wider perspective than almost anyone else, since you are clear of the various blockages that the ship herself brings.

In fact I think it's a terrible idea for you to take this stateroom, since you will never be able to sail with anything less in the future!

All of Club balconies on QE are on 7 or 8. For QM2, QE and QV (but unlike QA) there aren't that many people onboard with that option, so it's a small selection of staterooms, relatively speaking.

Edited by Pushpit