TxTeach79's Pearl European Adventure LIVE - 6/24

We will be in Split on July 4 on Escape, and we have booked a very similar (or possibly the same) boat trip! Thanks for sharing your fun with us! Your review is getting me through these last couple of weeks until we leave for Venice on the 30th!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

So we love a few days just laying out with a view, but we have to have shade! We’re in a suite, but not the Haven so it looks like there’s no special option for a sundeck. What are the secret spots I should scout out to get a nice place in the shade?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hogladyrider said:

@TxTeach79 and @HelloItsMeB the memories you are creating just can't be beat!

From one traveler to another push on and push on hard.  You never know when the floor will drop out, we've had that happen to us recently, totally unexpected.  We will adjust and carry on but it sure brings home how precious our time is.....go for it and go for it with gusto!

That was perfectly said.  "Go for it with gusto!" 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Scubadoc said:

So we love a few days just laying out with a view, but we have to have shade! We’re in a suite, but not the Haven so it looks like there’s no special option for a sundeck. What are the secret spots I should scout out to get a nice place in the shade?

Plenty of options on 13 that are covered! Near the entrance to Cagneys and Moderno. And they laid chairs out on 7 when we got far enough south, totally covered 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HelloItsMeB said:

I wholeheartedly agree! I hit 34 countries on this trip!

For those of us non-world travelers, these types of trips seem so big. Figuring out air, hotel, excursions, transfers, currency in another country...yowza! However, seeing reports like this really make me want to tackle it. Whether or not, I make it or not, I'm very thankful to both of you @HelloItsMeB @TxTeach79for doing these Lives. They're just priceless. Really opening up people's eyes to world-wide experiences and making them not seem so totally overwhelming. I thank you both very much! Perhaps B has time to be a PT travel advisor in her life! 😉

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, fla33023 said:

For those of us non-world travelers, these types of trips seem so big. Figuring out air, hotel, excursions, transfers, currency in another country...yowza! However, seeing reports like this really make me want to tackle it. Whether or not, I make it or not, I'm very thankful to both of you @HelloItsMeB @TxTeach79for doing these Lives. They're just priceless. Really opening up people's eyes to world-wide experiences and making them not seem so totally overwhelming. I thank you both very much! Perhaps B has time to be a PT travel advisor in her life! 😉

Haha! It’s not a bad idea! And I’m always happy to help! ‼️‼️‼️ Travel is the best thing. I’m going to Thailand and Cambodia in November. 

• Like 26

3 minutes ago, HelloItsMeB said:

Haha! It’s not a bad idea! And I’m always happy to help! ‼️‼️‼️ Travel is the best thing. I’m going to Thailand and Cambodia in November. 

And I’ll be on the Carnival Spirit out of Mobile, Alabama with one of my coach buddies. Who’s the exotic one NOW?!?!?

• Haha 35

28 minutes ago, HelloItsMeB said:

I follow some folks on You Tube who retired in their early 50's and that is what they do, travel the world and they love Thailand.  In fact the wife had surgery there and they could not get over how excellent the care she received was and the price didn't even make it to their deductible it was so reasonable.

We Americans love all our "stuff" whereas may other places in the world live a much more minimalstic lifestyle.

• Like 7