Sapphire Princess E732 / E735 ??

Has anyone traveled on the Sapphire Princess in E732 or E735 (or D740 / D741) recently? Several years ago I was considering booking one of these cabins but was put off by reviews that said there was a lot of bad vent smell on the balconies. Now, I’m looking at these cabins again and wondering if the balconies are indeed smelly or not.
Thanks in advance. 

We sailed in E735 last week.  We had no problems at all and enjoyed the views from the very protected balcony.  It was very quiet as the only neighbor is the suite next door.  On the other side is non-public space.  We didn't experience any bad smells.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paula_MacFan said:

We sailed in E735 last week.  We had no problems at all and enjoyed the views from the very protected balcony.  It was very quiet as the only neighbor is the suite next door.  On the other side is non-public space.  We didn't experience any bad smells.  

Thank you so much. This is exactly what I needed to hear!! I’m glad you had a great time!! 

• Like 1

D740 to Alaska last year. No issues whatsoever. Would book again! In fact, we've had an aft facing balcony on several of the Grand class ships and have never experienced any issues with odors.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, VaCruzers said:

D740 to Alaska last year. No issues whatsoever. Would book again! In fact, we've had an aft facing balcony on several of the Grand class ships and have never experienced any issues with odors.

Thank you. I’m sold. Your answers are making me happy. 

Posted (edited)

Here are some pictures I took last week from E735.  It's one of the deepest balconies we've ever had, and very protected.  There's a beam on the right side but it didn't impede our usage at all.  In fact on the last couple days we used it as a sort of sun block/shade area when the sun was directly facing our room.  We enjoyed the protected balcony area very much on scenic sailing days, such as Hubbard Glacier and Glacier Bay NP.  That's one of the reasons we specifically chose this room.  Also the quiet area was amazing.  We've had other aft cabins before, but this was our first time on the Sapphire.  On other ships we've sailed on, the hallway stretches across the back area and is used by all aft cabins.  On the Sapphire you have to access your room specifically on the port or starboard sides, as there is no hallway across the back area.  This means it is even more quiet as the only 2 cabins in the hallway are the suite and the balcony.  We wouldn't hesitate to book this location again.  Also we heard no noise at all from Club Fusion below.  

Edit to add I realized after posting my pictures they don't really illustrate how deep the balcony is.  You can find more pictures on Google by searching.  I have others but am hesitant to put our faces on CC 🙂 

20240603_161323.jpg

20240607_160333.jpg

20240607_193304.jpg

20240607_213810.jpg

20240607_220112.jpg

Edited by Paula_MacFan
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Paula_MacFan said:

Here are some pictures I took last week from E735.  It's one of the deepest balconies we've ever had, and very protected.  There's a beam on the right side but it didn't impede our usage at all.  In fact on the last couple days we used it as a sort of sun block/shade area when the sun was directly facing our room.  We enjoyed the protected balcony area very much on scenic sailing days, such as Hubbard Glacier and Glacier Bay NP.  That's one of the reasons we specifically chose this room.  Also the quiet area was amazing.  We've had other aft cabins before, but this was our first time on the Sapphire.  On other ships we've sailed on, the hallway stretches across the back area and is used by all aft cabins.  On the Sapphire you have to access your room specifically on the port or starboard sides, as there is no hallway across the back area.  This means it is even more quiet as the only 2 cabins in the hallway are the suite and the balcony.  We wouldn't hesitate to book this location again.  Also we heard no noise at all from Club Fusion below.  

Edit to add I realized after posting my pictures they don't really illustrate how deep the balcony is.  You can find more pictures on Google by searching.  I have others but am hesitant to put our faces on CC 🙂 

20240603_161323.jpg

20240607_160333.jpg

20240607_193304.jpg

20240607_213810.jpg

20240607_220112.jpg

Thank you so much. Your pictures are perfect. I have seen depth pictures online. I booked the cruise this morning. I’m really excited. This looks like a wonderful location. 

• Like 1