Is The Gem Still A Gem? Almost live... 6-28-2024 sailing

28 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Thanks for sharing, hope she's feeling better by now & recovering and let those immunity booster do the work to minimize discomfort.  Reminds me of checking with my PCP to see whether we should get the "annual" booster ??  before we get going again with late summer/fall cruising - the seasonal (summer) surge apparently is real but not life threatening for most, doctors aren't as worrisome.  

Great videos - bookmarked them to watch later.  Thank you.  

Thanks, 10 days later she is back to normal. For some reason I'm fine. I was out Saturday night for a get together with 24 people. All "Kids" from the neighborhood I grew up in, hadn't seen some of them for 40 years. Half of them had spouses or kids who had Covid. 

• Like 2

On 7/17/2024 at 10:39 AM, Laszlo said:

Thanks, 10 days later she is back to normal. For some reason I'm fine. I was out Saturday night for a get together with 24 people. All "Kids" from the neighborhood I grew up in, hadn't seen some of them for 40 years. Half of them had spouses or kids who had Covid. 

Do you happen to remember what the earliest check in time is at the terminal?  Trying to make some travel plans. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AmbitionatBay said:

Do you happen to remember what the earliest check in time is at the terminal?  Trying to make some travel plans. 

The cruise terminal opened at 10:00am

Posted (edited)

A couple more short videos I dug up on my phone from the cruise

Moderno for breakfast every morning, small but nice buffet set up. 

And yes, the large handle on the sea door to the balcony makes a great spot to hang swim trunks to dry out

It was a rough sea day (July 3rd) coming back on the way to Portland, sky's  were clear but we had 12-16ft seas for about 8 hours. 

Edited by Laszlo
  • Like 4