Current plant based (vegan) options

markwfpb

Posted (edited)

Windstar made a splashy announcement in March 2023 with their "New Whole-Food, Plant-Based Menu in Partnership with the National Health Association".(their words).

But the smattering of reviews since then have been less than stellar mentioning a lot of fake meat, limited options, repetition, etc. I do see some bright spots peppered in as well, just not many.

So is it luck of the draw with who the chefs are on our particular ship? Or have things improved fleetwide?

Thanks for any input (or menus!) that you may have.

Edited by markwfpb

• markwfpb changed the title to Current plant based (vegan) options
12 hours ago, markwfpb said:

Windstar made a splashy announcement in March 2023 with their "New Whole-Food, Plant-Based Menu in Partnership with the National Health Association".(their words).

But the smattering of reviews since then have been less than stellar mentioning a lot of fake meat, limited options, repetition, etc. I do see some bright spots peppered in as well, just not many.

So is it luck of the draw with who the chefs are on our particular ship? Or have things improved fleetwide?

Thanks for any input (or menus!) that you may have.

I am vegetarian and have sailed with WS 11 times. Other then the veggie burger for lunch, I do not recall much in the way of "fake meat".  I found the vegetarian meals to be wonderful, especially the few times our chef was Indian. You can meet with the chef at the beginning of the cruise to discuss your preferences/requirements. We always did that until they started offering the plant-based menu.

• Like 1

Thanks for this. Are you ordering off the “new” menu or is the chef customizing for you? We’re fine with not making special requests if the menu reflects the one they promoted when it launched.  

8 hours ago, markwfpb said:

Thanks for this. Are you ordering off the “new” menu or is the chef customizing for you? We’re fine with not making special requests if the menu reflects the one they promoted when it launched.  

Since they have launched the new plant-based menu, I have not requested any special meals. They have always been very accommodating.

• Thanks 1