Jewel of the seas activity’s?

Looking forward to September 15 day cruise to Greenland but considering dancing opportunities to keep my wife happy?

Is Zumba offered, live music on Jewel? Latin music and dancing opportunities. If anyone can help me out I’d appreciate any recent information. Thanks 🙏 namaste 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Joesantos said:

Looking forward to September 15 day cruise to Greenland but considering dancing opportunities to keep my wife happy?

Is Zumba offered, live music on Jewel? Latin music and dancing opportunities. If anyone can help me out I’d appreciate any recent information. Thanks 🙏 namaste 

Hello. I see you were going to post on the "Jewel live" thread from last week. If you go back a few random pages on that thread you'll see downloads for the cruise compasses if you wish.

There was/is a 2 piece Latino band called "Sagitarios" on board. They were good the few times I watched... however they were not playing at peak times (same times as other shows for example). If they were, they were in the Safari Club. The other Rock band got most of the better times/days to play in the more popular Centrum. The Rock band, Wave Benders, played most of the peak times and they were barely "danceable" with the music they performed (large focus on  70s & 80s classic rock). Of course, depending on their contracts, either one of those bands may be gone by the time you sail in September. And yes, there was Zumba offered, but only on sea day mornings in the Centrum. 

Also note that 1/2 hr-3/4 hr dance classes were offered in the Centrum (Jive, Tango, Cha Cha Cha) on various days, and also there was line dance events. 70s and 80s nights there was lots of dancing, and the silent disco "hush" was offered as well, so lots of opportunities for you

Edited by Hoopster95
  • Thanks 1

Funny you mentioned Wave Benders as being “barely danceable”. Completely agree with you

We just got off Jewel and would say they were one of the worst house bands I’ve seen on RCL.   They could not read the room for what people wanted.  They played what they wanted to play    

My wife and I repeatedly noticed if the dance floor had people up from the DJ or other entertainment, it would immediately clear out the minute they began to play.