Hotel on beach

Most of the beach hotels are across the street (route A1A) from the beach.  Off the top of my head here are some of the ones actually on the beach going from south to north:  Lago Mar, Marriot Harbor Beach Resort, B Ocean (all at the south end) and Pelican Grand at the north end.  B Ocean probably has the lowest (all things being relative of course) pricing.

Check out the official tourism website if you haven't done so already:  www.visitlauderdale.com.

I stay at Best Western Oceanside.  It is 100 yards from the beach (you don’t pay beachfront price), free hot breakfast, bar that sells food, microwave, refrigerator, $ washer/dryer, #40 bus outside the door, walking distance to water taxi.  No shuttle from airport, can sign up for $ shuttle to Port Everglades.

8 hours ago, bajathree said:

Like mentioned most hotels are right across the street from the beach. Look at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. Great hotel and location.

There are some great hotels near this one. Wesrin, W, Four Seasons, Conrad, and The Atlantic are basically lined up right along the coastline (and maybe a 10 minute walk between Atlantic and Westin- the furthest apart of these). There are fantastic restaurants at these hotels. We stay at Conrad. 

20231223_074635.jpg

20231223_074633.jpg

20231222_083935.jpg

20231221_160957.jpg

20231221_160929.jpg

20231221_160918.jpg

20231221_160853.jpg

20231221_160727.jpg

20231221_160716.jpg

20231221_160703.jpg

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, J13C85 said:

There are some great hotels near this one. Wesrin, W, Four Seasons, Conrad, and The Atlantic are basically lined up right along the coastline (and maybe a 10 minute walk between Atlantic and Westin- the furthest apart of these). There are fantastic restaurants at these hotels. We stay at Conrad. 

I didn't mention the W cause the OP said they are a family of 4 and the W isn't really a kid friendly hotel or atmosphere. The Four Season and Conrad are quite upscale...but yes very nice if you have the budget. The Westin is a nice property but a little dated IMHO.

Edited by bajathree

4 minutes ago, bajathree said:

I didn't mention the W cause the OP said they are a family of 4 and the W isn't really a kid friendly hotel or atmosphere. The Four Season and Conrad are quite upscale...but yes very nice if you have the budget. The Westin is a nice property but a little dated IMHO.

Been a long time since we stayed at Westin, LOL. We had friends stay at Hilton and their room was very nice. DW and I fell in love w Conrad a couple years ago. We make some sacrifices during the year so we can fit Conrad into the cruise budget.