Willdra’s Valiant Venezia Review

On 7/27/2024 at 8:24 AM, LM88 said:

I stumbled upon this review only because I saw it was for the Venezia, which we will be on soon but are skeptical about because it seems very different from your typical Carnival ship. What a happy accident! Willdra, you had me invested from post 1! You are a very gifted writer!

I’m so glad you found me and read my review! Thank you!!! ☺️ 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2024 at 11:31 PM, willdra said:

When that was almost over we went into the Teatro Rosso for the comedy showcase. Y’all know I’m cautious when it comes to these now. Even on the last night. The chances were good that we would have decent comedians tho so we went. I’m so glad we did. We saw Jeff Shaw and Macio.  Both were very funny and well worth the freezing theater they had us in.

After that we went back to the cabin, W set out the luggage and we got ready for the long task of going back to GA on Friday.

Before I fell asleep I said a prayer thanking God that I only had 1 floor to go when that person assaulted my whole life with their flatulence in the elevator earlier. It was one of those silent deadly bombs. The ones that are filled with rotting goat cheese and asbestos. It sticks to you. It follows you. You need to escape and you need everyone to know that it wasn’t YOU. I thought I was going to perish. I thought maybe they had perished. I didn’t know how long I could hold my breath(I was gonna find out). I wondered if anyone ever died from this smell. I wondered what they ate that smelled so foul. Just as my eyes started to water and I was feeling lightheaded, DING! The doors opened and I was free to breathe again. Whoo. Fresh air never smelled so good. Thank you Jesus for coming thru in the clutch. Yet again. Amen.

P.S. Maybe I need one of those oxygen mask thingys too. 

IMG_2297-L.jpg

IMG_2298-L.jpg

IMG_2324-L.jpg

Oh Lordy!  That was the funniest thing I've read in a long time - and I can say that I felt that.   I felt I was there right with you (because I have been).  Please know that when John Heald retires, I'm nominating you to be the next Ambassador!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I'm fairly sure, based on several of your remarks, that you don't work as an author.

You should really consider it if you are looking for a second career.

You are an engaging and often hillarious writer and I thoroughly enjoyed your review.

I'm sailing on the Venezia in Oct, so got a lot of food for thought from your review.

Also, fairly sure we are similar age, because I loved the schoolhouse rock (I still remember the songs) and Gargamel references.

Keep the writing coming!

• Like 4

Wildra , I know you and W usually sail in October. I was wondering if you have already booked your cruise. I was wondering if you all have thought about doing a Greek isles cruise or a TA. Carnival is doing a TA from Rome back to Tampa in Oct. on the Legend. I would love to red a review by you on either of those cruises !

• Like 1

Thanks for helping me get through my menopause insomnia (IYKYK) these past few mornings :classic_laugh:. I was so glad to find another one of your reviews. Great job on taking us along with you. Thanks again for the time, pics and effort you put into your reviews - love them!

• Like 2

On 8/6/2024 at 1:25 PM, DeniseTr said:

I'm fairly sure, based on several of your remarks, that you don't work as an author.

You should really consider it if you are looking for a second career.

You are an engaging and often hillarious writer and I thoroughly enjoyed your review.

I'm sailing on the Venezia in Oct, so got a lot of food for thought from your review.

Also, fairly sure we are similar age, because I loved the schoolhouse rock (I still remember the songs) and Gargamel references.

Keep the writing coming!

Thank you, more foolishness will occur very soon!! 😃

• Like 1

On 8/7/2024 at 3:50 PM, Retired20 said:

Wildra , I know you and W usually sail in October. I was wondering if you have already booked your cruise. I was wondering if you all have thought about doing a Greek isles cruise or a TA. Carnival is doing a TA from Rome back to Tampa in Oct. on the Legend. I would love to red a review by you on either of those cruises !

Yes we have booked the October one and yes we’ve thought about doing a Greek Isles and a TA cruise. We will absolutely do both when the planets align up and Mercury ain’t in micro braids. Unfortunately we always forget to check before we book. 😜

• Haha 2

On 8/3/2024 at 7:59 PM, Rubberband1293 said:

Oh Lordy!  That was the funniest thing I've read in a long time - and I can say that I felt that.   I felt I was there right with you (because I have been).  Please know that when John Heald retires, I'm nominating you to be the next Ambassador!  

LOL thanks! 😆 I don’t know if I could be as nice as John is when answering some of those “questions” so I better just stay in my lane over here with my cruise cousins. 😜

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2024 at 12:00 AM, willdra said:

Quest was next and they asked several times for everyone to clear the lounge so they can setup. We got in line immediately afterwards so we had a decent spot. I went to the rr and when I passed by they were still kicking people out who were trying to stay in the Limelight. People. The quicker y’all get out the quicker we can get back in. They have to break down and clean the lounge to get ready before they can start letting everyone in.

We were in line and there was a couple who just walked up and said “thank you” to this lady behind us like she was saving their place. She wasn’t, and she just looked at them all strange. Then they got in front of us! We knew they were just faking it, but they were older and special so we gave them a pass. I did say out loud tho that I knew they were skipping us, but I was letting it slide. Once. Then 10 minutes later they had 2 more people join them. W looked at me, and at first I was mad but then I laughed cuz he had that “Oh snap, my wife’s about to go awf” look. I said “What?” he replied “I could hear your mental countdown clock going 3,2,1,…then you were about to yell EXCUSE ME!!!!!!” OMG he knows me. Since W made me LOL at myself, I let it go. Again. That was my limit tho. This rude cutting in line and skipping me business was ova. Especially if I gotta now glare at the back of somebody’s head that looked like an unborn baby porcupine that got tangled up in a rat's nest. Brush your hair before skipping me please. At least give me something good to look at. 

We went in right at 11. Quick warning, if you sit in front of the last 2 rows, you may have to participate. They didn’t have enough people volunteering so MarQ voluntold some people in that section. The very back is neutral. As always photos and videos were not allowed during the games. We could tell it was gonna be good tho cuz people were picking teams and they were rowdy while we were in line. We were laughing before we even entered the Limelight. 

MarQ made it a lot of fun and we got to see our CD Gerry with a G too as cohost. I think the most shocking part was when, uh never mind, I took an oath that I wouldn’t tell. Just know that dentures were involved. Yep you read that right, dentures, but that’s all I can say. And Yucky. Lots and lots of yucky occurred.

IMG_1933-L.jpg

IMG_1939-L.jpg

IMG_1940-L.jpg

IMG_1942-L.jpg

What happens in Quest stays in Quest! Yeah, this show ain't for the easily offended. 

• Like 1