Wish I had posted this on Saturday the 15th

Jack E Dawson

We sailed into New York Harbor the day before yesterday (Saturday the 15th) on the QM2. Because of technical issues on the voyage we were 4 hours late. We passed under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge at 9:00AM, past the Statue of Liberty at 9:30AM and docked at 10:15AM. It was a beautiful morning with the rising sun lighting up the black hull, white superstructure and red funnel of the QM2. I'm wondering if anyone might know of a webcam that I might be able to go back on an capture an image of the ship that day? 

Thanks

Jack

Here are some images of QM2's arrival Saturday I captured on my phone from the "New York Harbor Waterfront Museum, Brooklyn NY USA" YouTube channel while waiting in our hotel to board later that day.

Screenshot_20240615_100528_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6d401e66ce7fb8e57dc1141d2cf93f50.jpg

Screenshot_20240615_094636_Google.thumb.jpg.750160ae6968edad9e7be3df8dacae1e.jpg

Screenshot_20240615_094353_Google.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Love these images @bluemarble I was watching the New York Harborcam on Saturday morning and it was indeed a beautiful morning and so exciting to see QM2 sail under the bridge! 67 days and counting for us! Looking forward to hearing more about your crossing @Jack E Dawson

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jack E Dawson said:

We sailed into New York Harbor the day before yesterday (Saturday the 15th) on the QM2. Because of technical issues on the voyage we were 4 hours late. We passed under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge at 9:00AM, past the Statue of Liberty at 9:30AM and docked at 10:15AM. It was a beautiful morning with the rising sun lighting up the black hull, white superstructure and red funnel of the QM2. I'm wondering if anyone might know of a webcam that I might be able to go back on an capture an image of the ship that day? 

Thanks

Jack

What was The problem. And was it corrected. We will be sailing out of New York on the qm2 in June 28th and would like to anticipate an uneventful cruise. What should we prepare for?  Thanks 

7 hours ago, olegna said:

What should we prepare for?

Gaiety, formality, great food, service and entertainment. Wonderful passengers. The sometimes wild sometimes tranquil North Atlantic Ocean. The most amazing ship in the world.

7 hours ago, olegna said:

What was The problem. And was it corrected.

My impression from the Captain's communications was that it was some kind of sensor problem. I can only assume that the issue is either corrected or being successfully managed. I doubt that Cunard would allow one of their ships to start out over the North Atlantic if they thought it was going to breakdown. You may not be aware that Cunard allows you to bring on basically unlimited alcohol. You may want to carry on a few extra bottles of wine. 

olegna, you are going to have an amazing time. Can't wait to hear your impressions after you get back.

Jack

• Like 1