Interline questions

phinfan63

Are there any other interline cruisers out there?

I'm curious if the rate goes down, do we get a better rate too? I ask my interline agent and she said that it would be impossible to get a lower rate but I think if Carnival's price goes down, so should ours.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;08;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

8/23 Holiday

Thanks airgirl. I think our final payment is due really soon. It just seems that if Carnival drops their price ( which the interline price is a percentage of) then the interline rate should also go down. Not really sure either.

I am also curious to know if you can get an interline rate by going to the neighborhood travel agent. It would be nice to be able just to walk in and actually talk to someone.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;08;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

8/23 Holiday

No - you cannot go to a regualar agent. One agent said he took care of interline too, but his rates were higher that the special interline companies. And they have to verify us of course and have the means to do so. I have been checking and Carnival prices have not been dropping - and probably won't until a week or 2 before the cruise. For instance, the end of June rates have all dropped now. I usually book late minuet, but I am going with friends and family and couldn't do that without inconvienceing them.

maria stallings

I booked interline directly with Carnival for my cruise this past January. when prices went down I called and they lowered the rate. After final payment when it went down I got an onboard credit. For my upcoming cruise I first contacted Carnival and got their interline rate. I then went to google and searched the word interline. I contacted by website or phone some companies and found that they had lower interline rates by far than Carnival. I booked with one of them. When the rate went down I called and they lowered my price. So far rates have been stable for my cruise and I don't expect any more price reductions because cabins seem to be selling (I go to Carnival website and go through process of booking. for many categories only a few cabins are available).

Before I booked my last cruise in Jan I had called cruise.com as I had used them before. I was quite surprised that they too offered an interline rate. I ultimately booked directly with Carnival. I say it never hurts to ask any travel agent to see if they can book interline. Just make sure you compare their rates with other interline agencies to make sure you are getting a good deal. Also check directly with Carnival too. I think it is capacity controlled so they might tell you there is none available for a particular sailing.

Good luck!

Mardi Gras 4/1988

NCL Norway 8/1990

Sensation 8/1996

Sensation 4/9/2000

Paradise 2/1/2002

Triumph 1/31/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;9;5;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

9/5 Paradise- Panama Canal

Phinfan63

Did you book with Carnival or with an interline agency? If you booked with Carnival what was you discount? I have been on many interline sites but have always had my longtime internet travel agent match it. She knows what we like and if I find the price online,she will match it. Also ,I think I know what airline you work for ..as I used to live in collierville until we moved to L.R. but still based in MEM.

17 more days til HOLIDAY

I booked interline through a travel agency. When the interline rates went down, I contacted my travel agent and got $100 shipboard credit. Also, I had already made my final payment before the rates went down.

Great information. so far my cruise has not dropped but i am continuously watching it.

airmanship - i booked thru all interline reservations and got a great price (total $324). i shouldn't even be worried about a price drop but i figure if it drops, an onboard credit would be nice to pay for some of those foo-foos.

where did you live in collierville?

8/23 Holiday

phinfan:

We are from Collierville and my 12 year old son is a dedicated die hard dolphins fan!! small world

We just got off the Paradise. We got the Interline price but booked directly with our Carnival Rep....so eliminate the middle man problems. It is great to be able to deal directly with Carnival and still get (what I believe) is a fair price for a cruise.

As for as rates changing, we have never had a cruise change that much to worry about. But I am interested to hear the responses of those who have.

Go phins!!!

Festivale 6-26-82

Mardi Gras 5-13-84

Tropicale 5-12-85

Holiday 5-15-86

Celebration 8-8-87

Holiday 6-25-88

Jubilee 10-30-88

Celebration 5-6-89

Festivale 4-8-90

TOOK A BREAK TO HAVE KIDS

AND DO THE THEME PARK THING!

Celebration 3-13-98

Tropicale 7-8-99

Fascination 7-15-00

Inspiration 11-18-01

Jubilee 7-27-02

Conquest 12-29-02

Fantasy 03-09-03

Holiday 07-05-03

Holiday 10-11-03

While it is still non-smoking

Paradise 06-06-04

Hello Neighbor. What school does your son go to? I have a 13 yr old son that just finished 8th grade at Schilling Middle. Small world!

I don't think the price will drop that much either - I was just curious .

Go Phins

8/23 Holiday

Phinfan: Our 12 year old is a special needs child, so he is just now entering the 6th grade at C M S. Our oldest son will be a junior at C H S. They both love cruising. Just like the American Express card, we can't leave home without them!

On our New Year's Eve cruise on the Conquest, we ran across a party of 10 (or more) that were from Collierville and one couple was good friends with our neighbors across the street.

It is indeed a small world.

I am looking forward to sailing on the Sensation, now that it is coming to New Orleans. We have not sailed on her before.

The school system needs to revamp their schedule to coincide with all 4 and 5 day cruises out of New Orleans (and soon Mobile). Thanksgiving and the Fall break just don't fall right. (But we have managed to make it work!)

Festivale 6-26-82

Mardi Gras 5-13-84

Tropicale 5-12-85

Holiday 5-15-86

Celebration 8-8-87

Holiday 6-25-88

Jubilee 10-30-88

Celebration 5-6-89

Festivale 4-8-90

TOOK A BREAK TO HAVE KIDS

AND DO THE THEME PARK THING!

Celebration 3-13-98