Princess app--and the call center

CeleBrat

Like many of you, my first impressions of the Princess app is not good.  After downloading it, and entering my booking #, there was NOTHING visible.  No booking, nothing.  And I couldn't ener my booking # without getting the error message "This booking is claimed." After a lengthy internet research, and watching several videos, I decided to call the Customer Support #.

After holding for 36 minutes, I gave up, and pushed "1" to be called back when an agent was available.  I didn't think that I'd actually receive a call back.  But surprisingly, I did!

However, the guy on the phone sounded like he was literally sitting in a rowboat in the middle of the ocean.  There was so much wind noise on the phone.  (Internet research told me the call center is in the Phillippines, and I believe that to be true!) I told him that I needed assistance with the app, and visibility to my booking.  Frustratingly, he asked me about a dozen questions.  Not just to confirm my identity, but also to survey me as to how many times I had sailed with Princess, and what the reasons were that I booked the cruise.  

What?  Isn't he the IT guy?

None-the-less, he managed to unlock my account, and all of my info is available.  And I can now complete my check-in.  So I thanked him for his help.

But, that wasn't the end of the call.  He had quite a few more questions, including asking me if I was interested in booking a Plus or Premier package, telling me about the cost and benefits, asking me what special occasion we were celebrating onboard.  And asking why we choose Princess over all other cruise lines?

He was a weird IT/Travel Agent hybrid guy.  It was such a strange experience.  But, I'm glad my account is fixed.

--CeleBrat

• Thanks 2

My booking is still there and working fine but it is in 17 days. Not sure how soon your is but if after the dining changes may be a good thing, Princess IT working on changes?