Noisy room

Dollybird63

Posted (edited)

It might be worth looking at the actual deck plan for Silver Ray.  You will be able to see where your cabin is, and also see what is on the deck above it.

Edited by Port Power
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Dollybird63 said:

We are going on the Silversea Silveray and have been put on Deck 9. I know there are restaurants on deck 10, so is it noisy? 

You say you "have been put on Deck 9" on Silver Ray. Does that mean that's all that was available, not your choice? I agree with Port Power. You didn't say your suite number. The activity on Deck 10 may differ depending on the deck location. Also, maybe good/bad smells from food service.

Posted (edited)

Generally speaking the restaurants are not noisy.  For the most part kitchens are below the restaurants so very little prep is done in the service areas connected to the restaurants.  Years ago there were dance floors in the main restaurant and occasionally Silversea would have a dinner dance but I haven’t seen one of those in years and I think maybe the dance floors are gone from the few smaller ships that had them.  Other than that I don’t recall any or much music in any restaurant except for Silver Note.  

Edited by Randyk47

The only issue I have had with noise on a SS ship, I forget which one but the problem will be the same, is do not select a suite beneath the swimming pool deck.  The pool is not the problem.  What for all of them,  is, is that the crew comes out and moves all the deck furniture at exactly 6:00 AM, without fail.  It is really noisy for about 10 minutes.  I also try to avoid suites closest to the elevators.